cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Chase Offers work? I can't even find it...

tag
B_Slow1
New Contributor

Re: How does Chase Offers work? I can't even find it...

@Aim_High wrote:

I get offers on all my Chase personal cards (CSR, CFU, CF) including the hotel-branded Marriott and Hyatt cards. 

They are one-time use, but if you have more than one Chase card, you may get the same offer to use on different accounts.

I always sign up for them through my mobile phone app.

Let me tack on something else to this thread if I may.

It seems that the Chase business cards do not get Chase Offers, as someone else stated. The next card I planned to get was one of the "Unlimited" cards. I was leaning toward getting the Ink Unlimited for the better SUB. But being a business card, it will not give me access to Chase Offers either.

So in the opinions of people who have used Chase Offers, do you see enough benefit to suggest that I get the Freedom Unlimited with the worse SUB but have access to Chase Offers, rather than the Ink Unlimited? (AFAIK, I can't see what the Chase Offers are to know whether or not they'd be beneficial to me).

Message 11 of 18
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@B_Slow1 wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

I get offers on all my Chase personal cards (CSR, CFU, CF) including the hotel-branded Marriott and Hyatt cards. 

They are one-time use, but if you have more than one Chase card, you may get the same offer to use on different accounts.

I always sign up for them through my mobile phone app.

Let me tack on something else to this thread if I may.

It seems that the Chase business cards do not get Chase Offers, as someone else stated. The next card I planned to get was one of the "Unlimited" cards. I was leaning toward getting the Ink Unlimited for the better SUB. But being a business card, it will not give me access to Chase Offers either.

So in the opinions of people who have used Chase Offers, do you see enough benefit to suggest that I get the Freedom Unlimited with the worse SUB but have access to Chase Offers, rather than the Ink Unlimited? (AFAIK, I can't see what the Chase Offers are to know whether or not they'd be beneficial to me).

The offers definitely add value, but if the choice is purely about offsetting a rich SUB, it could take a while to recoup the difference.  However, it could happen if you plan to use the card over a long time and if the offers are a good match for your regular spending. 

Remember these rules apply about these offers:

- They must be individually activated

- Then you must use that card where you activated the offer for the purchase. 

- They pay in addition to whatever cash-back or UR points you would normally accrue on that card.

- They are limited-time offers.

- They are ONE-TIME use offers, can't combine purchases.

- Since they are paid directly by Chase, you can also normally use other offers or coupons on the purchase and then get the additional cash back on the card. 

Here are some examples for you that I see on my cards right now.  Keep in mind the offers may vary based on your location and previous purchase habits, so you may get very different offers or see some retailers that you don't recognize on my list.  Also, the offers change often so you will frequently see new ones appear ... so this is just a representative list of what is being offered right at this moment.

Auto Parts: 

Advance Auto Parts - 20% back until maximum $12 cash back achieved (which works out to $60 spend for full value)

Auto Zone - 5% back until maximum $5 cash back

Midas - 10% back until maximum $31 cash back

Food and restaurants:

Carraba's Italian Grill - 10% back until maximum $9 cash back

Five Guys - 30% back until maximum $9 cash back

Little Caesar's Pizza - 10% back until maximum $3 cash back

Del Frisco's Grill (steakhouse) - 10% back until maximum $14 cash back

Cinnabon - 10% back until maximum $1 cash back

Starbucks - 5% back until maximum $1.50 cash back

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen - 10% back until maximum $5 cash back

Boston Market - 10% back until maximum $3 cash back

Mimi's Bistro-Bakery - 10% back until maximum $6 cash back

La Madeleine French Bakery Cafe - 10% back until maximum $3 cash back

Genghis Grill - 10% back until maximum $5 cash back

Walk-Ons - 10% back until maximum $6 cash back 

David's Tea - 10% back until maximum $7 cash back

Walmart Grocery Pickup Delivery - $5 back when you spend $50 or more

Brio Tuscan Grill - 10% back until maximum $9 cash back

Houlihan's - 10% back until maximum $7 cash back

Chuck-E-Cheese - 10% back until maximum $10 cash back

Bonefish Grill - 10% back until maximum $10 cash back

Einstein Brothers Bagels - 10% back until maximum $2 cash back

Olive Garden - 10% back until maximum $7 cash back

Services:

AT&T Wireless - $35 back on two transactions of at least $15

Cricket Wireless - $25 back when you spend $30 or more on first month of service

Straight Talk Wireless - 20% back until maximum $14 cash back

Super Cuts - 10% back on maximum $4 cash back

Trunk Club - $10 back on first Trunk Club styling fee

ADT Security - $100 back when you install monitored security system

SimpliSafe Home Security - $25 back when you spend $250 or more

ProActive Skin Care - $10 back on your purchase

Kindle Unlimited - 20% back on subscription until $3 maximum cash back

SmartStyle Hair Salon - 10% back until maximum $5 cash back

HWA Home Warranty America - $20 back on home warranty purchase

Best Western Hotels & Resorts - 10% back when you spend $100 or more; maximum $29 cash back.

Air BnB - 5% back until maximum $28 cash back

LifeTime Fitness - $5 back on new membership

Merchandise:

Casper mattress - 10% back on purchase of over $350, $50 maximum cash back

Cole Haan - 10% back until maximum $21 cash back

J. Crew Factory - 10% back until maximum $9 cash back

Rejuvenation Home - 10% back until maximum $49 cash back

Boot Barn - 10% back until maximum $19 cash back

Staples - 10% back until maximum $7 cash back

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 12 of 18
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@B_Slow1 wrote:

The next card I planned to get was one of the "Unlimited" cards. I was leaning toward getting the Ink Unlimited for the better SUB. But being a business card, it will not give me access to Chase Offers either.

Moreover than the SUB or Chase Offers, I think you should consider other much more important factors.

First, do you need this card for truly business purchases or is it really personal?  Keep in mind that member agreements on business cards usually prohibit their use for non-business purchases. While they might not do it, if the account is reviewed and it is evident that you are using it more for a variety of personal use than business, they could shut it down.  I have an INK card, but I don't use it for just anything.  Business cards are supposed to help you separate business expenses from personal ones and to qualify for additional credit for a small business that you might not be able to get on your personal credit score alone.  Consequently, they have more strict underwriting for approval.

If it is for personal use, remember that you also might benefit more from a personal card than a business card for a few reasons:

- Regular transactions of business cards may or may not show up on your personal credit report, so they may not help build your credit score in a positive way.  However, if the account ever goes into default, you can be sure it will show up to negatively affect your score.

- Depending on your business needs per the application, you may get a much lower credit line on a business card than you would on a personal card.  (Chase was giving me $30K+ on other personal applications; I got $9K on my INK small sole proprietorship application.)

- Moreover, business cards don't share the same protections that personal cards have under the 2010 CARD ACT, including:

- Limits on ability of banks to hike interest rates (45 days notice required for personal accounts; none on business)

- Limits on Universal Default if you were to have adverse payment history on other accounts (45 days notice required for personal; none on business)

- Limits on late fees (no limit required on business)

- Limits on over-limit fees (no limit required on business)

- Payments may not be applied the same (on personal, higher interest rate balances must be applied first.)

- Payments must be due no earlier than 21 days after statement and on same due date monthly (neither applies to business cards.)

- Right to opt-out of changes to account terms and pay off within 5 years for personal cards. (does not apply to business cards.)

- Double-cycle interest billing is prohibited now for personal cards (does not apply to business cards.)

While most banks including Chase may be using similar terms right now on their business cards compared to their personal card offerings, there is no federal requirement for them to continue to do so under the CARD ACT.  You're on your own.  

Business Cards

Message 13 of 18
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Is your card new? On my original debit card I had lots of offers and when I requested one of the disney debit cards all of my offers went away for 2-3 months. But they did come back. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_Highyou did a super job of laying out the structural differences between Personal and Business Accounts/Cards! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_Highyou did a super job of laying out the structural differences between Personal and Business Accounts/Cards! Smiley Happy

Thanks @Anonymous !  I did my research when I was applying for my INK card and like to share these things on the forums.  I see a lot of business cards here and I really wonder sometimes how many are being used for personal instead of business expenses and if people realize all the differences and risks.  I think business cards can be great, but they aren't for everybody.   

Business Cards

Message 16 of 18
B_Slow1
New Contributor

@Aim_High Thank you for your post regarding business credit caerds. This was super informative.  There was a good amount of information in there that I was not aware of. Just so you know, I do intend to use the Unlimited card for business expenses, to supplement my other Chase business card. That would be the case whether I went with the CFU or the CIU. My personal spend is on the cash back cards that I currently use.

Thank you as well for your tremendously thorough post about Chase Offers as well, and listing what was availalble to you. That gave me a much better idea of the kinds of offers Chase puts into these promotions. I feel as though I could benefit from a few of them; I'm not sure whether or not I would get enough use out of it though to make up for the extra ~$200 SUB of the Ink Unlimited. (Maybe Chase will expand Offers by then to their business cards as well!)

Message 17 of 18
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@B_Slow1 wrote:

@Aim_High Thank you for your post regarding business credit caerds ...

Thank you as well for your tremendously thorough post about Chase Offers as well ...

You're welcome @B_Slow!  It was a little tedious making the list because I looked up each one separately but thought it might be helpful to many on this forum so I made a project out of it. 

Keep in mind that those offers may have been based more on my previous spend also.  I dine out a lot and that may be the reason for so many restaurants.  But I'm sure there are some that everybody gets, regardless. 

Good luck making your selection!  Actually, I think either way you can't go wrong!  Chase has some strong cards!

Business Cards

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.