cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Chase view Amex charge cards on credit reports?

cupofcoffee
Valued Member

Re: How does Chase view Amex charge cards on credit reports?

I just remembered about this thread - Chase automatically upped my limit to $9.2k in February, so they seem to be much more comfortable with me now. I was honestly shocked as I live overseas, Chase knows this and my foreign address has always been the home/physical address on my account; I assumed I'd never get an increase unless I asked. They even knew I live overseas when I applied! When they asked for my ITIN issuance letter and proof of address I sent the ITIN (with my overseas address) and a bank statement with my US mailing address on it, with a message explaining I lived abroad and that I use a US mailing address service for US credit history, and they were totally fine with it and approved me. I don't want to upgrade to the CSR yet (my first year ends this month), but it's nice to know that if I want to in the future, it seems much more of a possibility now. Also, I hope this helps as a data point for any non-resident wanting to apply for Chase cards!

Message 11 of 12
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

Re: How does Chase view Amex charge cards on credit reports?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Chase gave me my highest limit card by far around 5 years ago.

Same for me when I opened the CSP.  I had the famous green star in my account, so of course I applied, and the limit was almost 3 times higher than my next highest.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.