cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Discover treat anniversaries???

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

How does Discover treat anniversaries???

Hello Fico World! My Discover More card is about to have its one year anniversary in 2 weeks. From experience or hear say, what have most of you Discovered *pun intended* in their treatment to anniversaries concerning CLi's?? Also, do they review your account on the exact date? Like say anniversary of the exact date application was filled out, that will be the date they review on one year later? 

Also, I've been keeping a balance on the card (taking advantage of the 15 month 0% APR) will that affect my Cli?? I mean, I've been making large payments, never minimum due, but thats the only card I let report a balance; which, the balance right now is 300/2000. My credit reports 4% Utilization on all cards combined if you needed to know-i'm wondering if they check all of that and or they check my current credit score?? 

Thanks for the advice in advance!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

*****oops, one MORE thing (lol) Will they automatically PC me to the IT card?? Or do I have to do IT myself??? Sorry with the puns, 3 rd cup of coffeeee here!Smiley Embarassed

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

@percy81 wrote:

Hello Fico World! My Discover More card is about to have its one year anniversary in 2 weeks. From experience or hear say, what have most of you Discovered *pun intended* in their treatment to anniversaries concerning CLi's?? Also, do they review your account on the exact date? Like say anniversary of the exact date application was filled out, that will be the date they review on one year later? 

Also, I've been keeping a balance on the card (taking advantage of the 15 month 0% APR) will that affect my Cli?? I mean, I've been making large payments, never minimum due, but thats the only card I let report a balance; which, the balance right now is 300/2000. My credit reports 4% Utilization on all cards combined if you needed to know-i'm wondering if they check all of that and or they check my current credit score?? 

*****oops, one MORE thing (lol) Will they automatically PC me to the IT card?? Or do I have to do IT myself??? Sorry with the puns, 3 rd cup of coffeeee here!Smiley Embarassed

It does seem to be a review/CLI on the exact anniversary. I've long forgotten what my exact anniversary is, but their auto-CLIs always come (for me) about a week after my statement cuts.

Fortunately, DIscover doesn't seem fussy at all about people keeping balances. I've gotten auto-CLIs while having as much as 45% utilization on the card, and one of those was my most generous CLI from Discover.

As of now, I believe they're not doing auto-PCs to the It card. I expect they will at some point, but for now we have to ask. Very simple, quick phone call, though.

Message 2 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

They sent me a Starbucks gift card, but not sure if it's for anniversary or some other thing they were running.

Message 3 of 13
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Starbucks *yuck* better than nothing I suppose. Dunkin Donuts coffee #1 IMO

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's funny! I got a Starbucks card after my first statement! It just made me want to use 'It' more. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Wow, I've never gotten any Starbuck's cards.  Sheesh.  Nor have I gotten an auto CLI on my anniversary date, though I did eventually get a SP CLI last month after having the card since 11/11.

Message 6 of 13
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Haha, nice *pun* lexie Smiley Happy  I was getting an auto increase every 3 months, granted they were in increments of 250-350 each; nonetheless, I got them and I believe I read somewhere on here that the every 3 month auto is just for the first 12 months then after they will only auto on the yearly anniversary month! So much to learnSmiley Tongue

Goal 800+
Message 7 of 13
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@percy81 wrote:

Haha, nice *pun* lexie Smiley Happy  I was getting an auto increase every 3 months, granted they were in increments of 250-350 each; nonetheless, I got them and I believe I read somewhere on here that the every 3 month auto is just for the first 12 months then after they will only auto on the yearly anniversary month! So much to learnSmiley Tongue

It's true that they generally auto-CLI only one yearly anniversaries. But it's not an ironclad rule. A couple of years ago, after not giving me any CLI through the early years of the credit crunch, they made up for it by giving two auto-CLIs on one year, one at six months and one on the anniversary.

Starbucks cards? Never. Not that it would do any good where I live. They have, however, given me double bonus points on every purchase durning the month of my birthday -- not the card anniversary month, but my birth month. They've done that the last two years, I think.

Discover is so nice.

Message 8 of 13
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@percy81 wrote:

It does seem to be a review/CLI on the exact anniversary. I've long forgotten what my exact anniversary is, but their auto-CLIs always come (for me) about a week after my statement cuts.

Fortunately, DIscover doesn't seem fussy at all about people keeping balances. I've gotten auto-CLIs while having as much as 45% utilization on the card, and one of those was my most generous CLI from Discover.

As of now, I believe they're not doing auto-PCs to the It card. I expect they will at some point, but for now we have to ask. Very simple, quick phone call, though.

I opened my Discover in April '12.  I've gotten 2 auto CLI so far, $7500 -> $8300 (3mo) -> $10,300 (9mo).  I put heavy use on it, but pay weekly, even kept a high balance (85%) temporarily.

Message 9 of 13
percy81
Frequent Contributor

I love my discover card, I don't recall getting anything for my birth month in august Smiley Sad or maybe I did? Smiley Indifferent Anyway, If I do get an auto increase in two weeks i'll be a happy camper, but if not I still love that card!! Smiley Happy The only thing keeping that card from being my MAIN card is that my chase freedom gives me 10/10 by linking my chase checking and savings...LOTS of earning potential there, plus I get cash rewards with the debit on promotions!

Goal 800+
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.