cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does discover like clean aged thick files?

Remedios

Re: How does discover like clean aged thick files?

I dont think they do
Message 31 of 39
CreditCuriosity

nah no instant card number, but when the card comes you it have a pretty cardboard box?  they probably spent more on the box then my initial CL I got with them Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 39
arkane
Established Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

@arkane wrote:

21 months in, limit went from 2500 to 5000 after 3 CLIs, then stuck at 5000 for 10 months. Finally gave me another 300 (lol) which bumped to 700 after calling in to double dip, and I strongly suspect this was more to do with a significantly increased income more than anything else.

Suffice to say they're last in line, and won't ever see a single non-5% swipe. 

I get that completely.  You never know, maybe some "tough love" for them will stimulate a larger CLI at some point.

Tried every combination in that 10 month period, including a 3 month stretch where the card saw 0 activity -- nothing nada zilch zip nope nope nope. 

At this point, I'll just focus on growing my other cards and getting approved for the ones I actually want. Discover stopped being relevant when they axed their deals portal AND slashed ALL card benefits. Oh well.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 33 of 39
Birdman7
Super Contributor

wonder if i should do disco or ducks first...I have a reservation for disco.

1 inquiry and 1 acct in 12 months on EX. Both favor EX, so...

-Scoring wisdom: General Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
CassieCard’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 34 of 39
CreditCuriosity

ducks/fnbo without a doubt imho as inquiry sensitive

Message 35 of 39
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

nah no instant card number, but when the card comes you it have a pretty cardboard box?  they probably spent more on the box then my initial CL I got with them Smiley Happy

Remember, 'no whinning' ? Thought you had some increase in the CL?!

Message 36 of 39
Birdman7
Super Contributor

6500 disco, waiting message on ducks.
-Scoring wisdom: General Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
CassieCard’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 37 of 39
CreditCuriosity

@Dinosaur wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Remember, 'no whinning' ? Thought you had some increase in the CL?!

I have it is at 15k through a few combination of multiple discover cards and alot of 1k increase (DD) and a few bigger ones, but still several years into the making and still one of my lower limits cards although certainly plenty for a 5% card that i never even have bt offers on despite a new 800+ fico score.  Just took along time to get there vs. out the gate like alot of other people get due to I am guessing the amount of credit I have available they figured I wasn't going to be profitable, which I am not Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 39
CreditCuriosity

Thread is now locked as @Birdman7 is now approved for said card at least the original one he wanted.  Feel free to share DP's in the approval section as moving this to approval section and cleaning it up will take considerable time for me or another moderator.  Congrats on your approval.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.