cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does my profile look? Amex worthy?

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: How does my profile look? Amex worthy?

Do it ,Do it ,Do it ,Do it ,Do it ,Do it ,Do it ,Do it!

I'm trying to scratch my app itch through you, go go go!

Remember to report back and check the creditcard.com match tool for targeted offers. I think you're good to go but don't expect too much more than 5k to start. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just asking what Amex do you have now?

Late edit 

Tried to wait for your answer and here's the reason why from the thread I didn't think you had a Amex and wanted your first 

If this is the case your applying for the wrong reason because of it being Jan. for AAoA 

The people applying in Jan. are already customers and looking for backdating.

If you don't have an Amex it makes no difference what month you apply for your first card but the following year you would want to app in Jan for max backdating 

Example first card Dec 2013

second card Jan 2014

All future cards will display 1/2013

I do think you'll be approved now just wanted to make sure you had all the info 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 19
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Good question. It wasn't clear if he actually already has one. According to his siggy, he doesn't. 

In any case, OP I'd be surprised if you don't get approved. Your profile looks good. Let us know the outcome.

Message 13 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Late edit 

Tried to wait for your answer and here's the reason why from the thread I didn't think you had a Amex and wanted your first 

If this is the case your applying for the wrong reason because of it being Jan. for AAoA 

If you don't have an Amex it makes no difference what month you apply for your first card but the following year you would want to app in Jan for max backdating 

second card Jan 2014

Smiley Surprised Of course it matters! His first card if approved now will be listed as 1/14 but if he waits until say june it'll be 6/14!Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Late edit 

second card Jan 2014

Smiley Surprised Of course it matters! His first card if approved now will be listed as 1/14 but if he waits until say june it'll be 6/14!Smiley Wink

No doesnt matter when .......according to his post OP is looking for backdating AAoA if he doesn't have one he can wait if he likes until Dec 31 2014 and then app again Jan 2 2015 

all cards will then display Jan 2014 Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 19
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@MMB85 wrote:

I am gardening right now. Was going to wait another month or two but I hear January is the best time to get an Amex due to the impact on AAoA. So it is tempting.

In my sig it shows my FICO scores from June 2013. Those score were from prior to opening my Chase Freedom and the 2 hardpulls. I am also receiving FICO scores from Discover, which are also in my sig. My score dropped 3 pts for some reason. I have been gardening since November, so I don't get the drop. But anyways, my income is an embarassing $24k.

Any more info you need?

Based on the fact your CS are over 750 and your AAoA is over 3 years, you're almost promised a card (about an 98.9% chance). Now because of your income, i'll say they'll start you out with a mediocore limit but that can rise quickly. I say apply now as I was approved with 683 EX FICO. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 16 of 19
MMB85
Contributor

Hey all, thanks for the input. Sorry I started this thread and disappeared. Things got hectic at work and could sneak back onto this site. 

To answer your questions, No, I do not current'y have an Amex card. I just got confused about the January date. I know about backdating, just got confused when I saw a thread where someone said we should apply for Amex in January. 

Message 17 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MMB85 wrote:

Hey all, thanks for the input. Sorry I started this thread and disappeared. Things got hectic at work and could sneak back onto this site. 

To answer your questions, No, I do not current'y have an Amex card. I just got confused about the January date. I know about backdating, just got confused when I saw a thread where someone said we should apply for Amex in January. 

You can apply any time then

So don't feel you have to rush if you don't want to.....but if you do IMHO you'll be approved 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 19
jeromenyc

Go for it!

Was approved for 7k with a 725 EX score, 1.25 years AAoA.

You have nice credit limit on the others one and they will at least match your chase freedom. And as you said, you can x3 in 61 days!

Chase Freedom : 5K
Amex Delta Gold: 7K
Amex PRG: NPSL
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.