Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the board feel about the Bank of Missouri

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does the board feel about the Bank of Missouri

I have to of their starter cards and I was wondering about your experiences with them.such as will they close your account at the drop of a hat or as long as you pay your good .I know theirs a lot of fees but it is what it is .but banks like first Premier seem to never take any AA .as long as they get their money .

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How does the board feel about the Bank of Missouri

Bout the same as any bank. Use it. Pay on time. No problems. Look into non-vulture secured cards like Disco, BoA, and many others to aviod the monthly/annual fees.

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to of their starter cards and I was wondering about your experiences with them.such as will they close your account at the drop of a hat or as long as you pay your good .I know theirs a lot of fees but it is what it is .but banks like first Premier seem to never take any AA .as long as they get their money .

In my best Grinch voice...I LOATHEEEEEE THEM!Smiley Wink

LOL, this is only because  a) they took the DC Comics Credit card  portfolio and ruined it and b) they rejected me from having my Superman ccSmiley Sad

If this is the same as UMB....

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, this is only because  a) they took the DC Comics Credit card  portfolio and ruined it and b) they rejected me from having my Superman ccSmiley Sad

That's it .it's over with them .lol thanks average joe

Message 4 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It isn't.  They're both headquartered in Missouri but they are 2 different financial institutions and their card offerings target different demographics.

Bank of Missouri issues rebuilder credit cards like the Milestone and First Access, which I suspect is why OP is interested in feedback.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It isn't.  They're both headquartered in Missouri but they are 2 different financial institutions and their card offerings target different demographics.

Bank of Missouri issues rebuilder credit cards like the Milestone and First Access, which I suspect is why OP is interested in feedback.

Yes sir it is thanks 

Message 6 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If the card has grace period and you're paying in full, it will do what's it's supposed to do. The reason I'm mentioning paying in full is because starter/rebuilder cards have APRs that will make you bleed money, so avoid that. 

If a card is loaded with fees, you're better off with decent secured card that offers rewards since in the end, fees will add almost to or above what deposit would be. 

Same goes for cards without grace period and fees. Avoid if you can, you'll be better off in the long run. 

Message 7 of 9
Goos
Regular Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And the SoFi credit card ... The also did the sprint visa and home credit visa but home credit left the US and my 10000$ visa left with them . 

Message 8 of 9
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Goos wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And the SoFi credit card ... The also did the sprint visa and home credit visa but home credit left the US and my 10000$ visa left with them . 

Apologies if this is too far off topic. 

[Bank of Missouri is also the issuer of some (all?) of SoFi's student loans, at least for now. --- this is wrong. See Edit note below.] Next month, SoFi will complete its acquisition of a small bank called Golden Pacific. In connection with that acquisition, SoFi will become a National Bank for the first time. I haven't seen any actual announcement about what comes next, but it seems reasonable to guess that SoFi will bring in-house the pieces of its business (CCs and loans [not loans]) that are currently outsourced to Bank of Missouri. 

If it plays out that way, will it have any effect on Bank of Missouri's CC offerings? Seems like a stretch. But this news is maybe, kinda, sorta related and I hadn't seen it mentioned here. 

Edit: Oops! I got myself confused about the basic facts. SoFi uses MOHELA to service student loans, but MOHELA is not the same thing as Bank of Missouri. There might still be something in my post that's relevant to OP's question, but less than I thought. Sorry for the distraction and confusion.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.