Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy to get credit with GEMB

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

How easy to get credit with GEMB

Looking at possibly buying a tv and they have an 18 month no interest option through an av shop. I would pay it off well before that but free money is free money.

How are they to deal with if you dont have stellar scores (low 700) and do they pull from all three or a particular CU

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Re: How easy to get credit with GEMB

anyone

Message 2 of 11
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

whats your credit history like? and what is the name of the shop? I have several gemb products. my highest limit with them is $2000 through hhgregg and I had a 680 fico at the time i applied no baddies and short credit history a little under 2 years and several accounts opened recently. my 2nd highest is walmart with $1650 that ive had for a year and a half. its pretty easy to get approved but the limit you get approved for depends and how much are you looking to get approved for?

amazon
Message 3 of 11
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Just applied/got instant approval for GEMB/Lumber Liquidators this morning, approved for $3000 immediately.  Less than what I wanted, so will request CLI when the card arrives.  Pull was TU/FICO score 719. 

Message 4 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I would say easily.  It was the first account I received after my BK.  Once they give you credit it is easier to get more and other accounts.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

Just applied/got instant approval for GEMB/Lumber Liquidators this morning, approved for $3000 immediately.  Less than what I wanted, so will request CLI when the card arrives.  Pull was TU/FICO score 719. 

I got denied for LL because of inquiries....so not incredibly easy to get....too bad for them too as I have the cash, but wanted the card to finance putting laminate wood floors into my new home....

Message 6 of 11
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

wife just tried who has a 656 but a BK discharged on 12/10 and has two perfect TL that are 8 months old with zero balances and she was denied.

So not so easy Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 11
Booner72
Senior Contributor

GE MB gave me 1000.00 credit line for a care credit account last year - my scores were mid 500's at that time.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 11
-Furbz-
Contributor

i have 3 with  gemb.. all opened this year

Paypal, Amazon and QVC--- 500, 700 and 800, respectively.

Once i got the first one the other one's were fairly easy to get. 

Message 9 of 11
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

I think i know why she was denied, she was blacklisted due to one account being on her BK that was GEMB.

I dont see any other reason why she would have been turned down.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.