Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How fast Issuers give out earned SUBs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How fast Issuers give out earned SUBs

Ive been on an app spree and was just curious how long different issuers credit SUBs to account. And if theres a different between cobranded cards vs bank branded cards

In my experience CSR CSP and Chase unlimited have been credited at same time as 1st statement after I hit minimum spend

American Express preferred took 2 statements

American Express Platinum Delta hasnt happened yet been. (been 1 statement since I hit minimum spend)

Chase United Explorer hasnt happened yet (havent had 1 statement cut yet)

How long has it taken you guys to get SUBs

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How fast Issuers give out earned SUBs

Typically they hit the same day you have a transaction that meets the spend threshold actually posting or within a couple of days of that.  There are some outliers though that wait until you hit X statements before posting and most co-brands hit on the statement date following meeting the spend requirement.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex SUBs all hit very quickly after the spend target was achieved. I hit the $2k spend on my Hilton Ascend this past Tuesday evening. By mid morning the next day the SUB was credited.
Message 3 of 25
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It depends on the issuer honestly. Some like AMEX and Capital One give it to you after a few days at most, others like Chase and Citi wait til your statement is generated before giving handing out SUBs.

Message 4 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Amex SUBs all hit very quickly after the spend target was achieved. I hit the $2k spend on my Hilton Ascend this past Tuesday evening. By mid morning the next day the SUB was credited.

Interesting I haven’t seen any of my point hit on my aspire , first statement cut already and still nothing in my hilton account. I made sure its same account and everything guess I will wait and see till next statement to see if anything shows up. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 25
Andypanda
Established Contributor

US Bank was given on next statement, as was SUB for signing up for discover through amazon.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent topic!  I just hit my NFCU Visa Sig bonus today.  Waiting to see when that $250 will roll in. 

Message 7 of 25
fritscher
Regular Contributor

I got my Capital one savor right away and my cash magnet as well next day
Message 8 of 25
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I’ve had mixed results with Amex.  For me the subs on co-brands have posted within days of meeting spend regardless of where I a in the billing cycle...MR earning subs in my experience seem to lag a billing cycle after the sub requirements have been met. 

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting I haven’t seen any of my point hit on my aspire , first statement cut already and still nothing in my hilton account. I made sure its same account and everything guess I will wait and see till next statement to see if anything shows up. 

My Hilton points posted the next day on my Aspire after I met the minimum spend. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.