cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get Chase United Mileage Card?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

How hard is it to get Chase United Mileage Card?

I'm in the rebuilding process and waiting for negative accounts to age off . Current scores are 674,676,667.

I've had a couple Chase accounts that were charged off 6-7 years ago.

Will I be able to get a Chase credit card in the future, such as the United Mileage Plus card, or since I didn't pay those and they were charged off, I'm "black-listed" forever?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
patternofstars7
Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get Chase United Mileage Card?

In my case in college I had a card that was charged off and went into collections. I paid it off 5 years ago. Since then I've really been working on my scores. . A couple of months ago I applied for the freedom card and was initially denied, did a recon and explained myself and was approved for $3500. Although it wasn't on my report, they did have internal knowledge of the charged off account. YMMV

Message 2 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think you'd have to recon w those scores... I, however, got a $5k Freedom with a 640. Reconned twice... Had two fraud accts and one maxxed out card. Util was like 10-15%. Aaoa like two years+. Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 6
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I'm going to wait a little bit, in the process of buying a house now, so it'll be 6-12 months before I apply for the card at which point my scores should all be 700+ but my main concern is having derogatory accounts wtih Chase in the past. I actually had two Chase accounts that got charged off/sold off (one was an Amazon.com Chase card, another a Washington Mutual which then got bought out by Chase). 

Message 4 of 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

As was mentioned before, you're likely going to be auto-declined initially and you'll need to recon.  If you have a solid case as to why they should trust you again or your situation has changed since the COs, they may recommend you for approval.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 6
KBraggs
Valued Member

I also have a Chase CO, and it has always held me back from instant approvals. The reason given in the written decision would always include " Past Derogatory Relationship With Lender"

When I've called for recon however, they have actually given me other reasons as to why they can't approve me as if they really would even with the CO.

For example "I see you have excellent payment history since that one bad account with us....but I just can't push you through today until your other accounts reach a year."

So I would just wait until your reports are in the best possible shape before you pull the trigger. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.