cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get a Cap1 Venture Card..The one the offers 2 points for every dollar spent!

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

How hard is it to get a Cap1 Venture Card..The one the offers 2 points for every dollar spent!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DVH1980
Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get a Cap1 Venture Card..The one the offers 2 points for every dollar spent!

Thats a pretty vague question. You might be better suited giving us some insight to your credit profile to get a better answer, if you're concerned with whether or not you would get approved for one. I know its their "prime" card and good to excellent credit would probably be needed.  I know for me, even if I could get it, i would more than likely get a card from a different bank.

While I had no issues with Cap 1, Im turned off by the fact that they seem unwilling to bridge the gap between their builder cards and their prime offerings. Getting a CLI seems to be a pain and it seem you rarely see anyone getting upgraded, even when their profile merits it, to a priem card. This leaves you having to cancel your current cap 1 and take a HP, most likely from all 3 beureaus.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 2 of 12
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get a Cap1 Venture Card..The one the offers 2 points for every dollar spent!

It's one of Capital One's top three cards and the minimum credit line on that specific version of the card is $5,000, so it's probably tough to get.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are looking for a 2% on everything card, nothing really beats the Priceline Rewards Signature Visa. It has no AF. However, it is a signature card so if you have another card that is near or over 5000 dollars in credit limit, you should get approved. Otherwise, YMMV. 

Message 4 of 12
sandman2435
Established Contributor

My Scores are about 720 from all 3 credit reports, AAoA is 7 years and oldest Account is 21 years..I make a six figure income..and I have no debt...BK7 falls of July of 2013..no lates or baddies

Message 5 of 12
DVH1980
Contributor

Id Venture Smiley Very Happy to say that you'd have no issues getting it. Id probably look at  a more lucrative card with your credit profile, however, even the the BK has some age onit, it still might hold you back from some offerings.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 6 of 12
JonStur
Established Contributor

The BK might be a problem, I would let it drop off unless you just get that itch an don't  mind risking the hard pull.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

The BK might be a problem, I would let it drop off unless you just get that itch an don't  mind risking the hard pull.

Capital describes the criteria for their venture (and all their prime cards as)...

"

• I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year

• I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan

• I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000"

I don't know if that's actually accurate for how they do it, but I would wait for BK to fall off. Even if you get approved with BK reporting, your limit may be substantially lower than it would be without the BK, and cap1 isn't known for their CLIs, so your best bet is to get the highest possible starting limit. 

Message 8 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

That card is probably the most difficult to obtain from CapOne's entire collection.

You really should wait for that BK to fall off. Good candidates for that card have FICOs in the mid-700s, a decent income, and they are known for a triple-pull (all three bureaus when you apply = 3 hard pulls)

As long as you didn't include CapOne in your BK, you should be fine once it falls off. However if they were included in your BK, I'd say your odds of approval are close to zero.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 12
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

DW was approved for this during the AOR in June. At that point in time, a DCU $3K was the highest and only credit card reporting. Her approved CL was $10k for Venture 2x card and she already got the 10,000 points bonus.

Just giving another data point.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.