cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get approved for Citi Thank You Premier?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

How hard is it to get approved for Citi Thank You Premier?

I just came across this card's benefits: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-thankyou-premier-card/

And it looked really interesting Smiley Surprised

1.Earn points for the miles you fly when you purchase a ticket with your Citi ThankYou Premier Card.2

2. Get 33% more value for your ThankYou Points when you redeem for airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center.

For #1:

In addition, you will earn one ThankYou Flight Point ("ThankYou Flight Points") for every mile flown when airline tickets are purchased using your Card Account. ThankYou Flight Points are earned for miles flown based on the city of origin and the city of destination provided to us when an airline ticket is purchased. We will determine how many ThankYou Flight Points will appear on your billing statement based upon airline travel distance information published by OAG Worldwide, Inc., our source of independent flight schedule information, unless we tell you otherwise. ThankYou Flight Points will post to your Card Account approximately six to eight weeks following the initial departure date of travel referenced on your airline ticket transaction. 

Their travel center seems to be reasonably priced like CSP and somewhat in line with expedia (based on very limited internet reviews).

Does this also mean that a LA ---> NYC flight = 4800 points, and a LA ---> SFO flight = 330points?

What do u guys think? Is this card worth it? What is a good ballpark estimate to get this card? I am very tempted <_<

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get approved for Citi Thank You Premier?

@enharu wrote:

I just came across this card's benefits: https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-thankyou-premier-card/

And it looked really interesting Smiley Surprised

Earn points for the miles you fly when you purchase a ticket with your Citi ThankYou Premier Card.2

Get 33% more value for your ThankYou Points when you redeem for airfare through the ThankYou Travel Center.

Their travel center seems to be reasonably priced like CSP and somewhat in line with expedia (based on very limited internet reviews). What do u guys think? Is this card worth it? What is a good ballpark estimate to get this card? I am very tempted <_<

didnt i tell you to just go for it enharu??...Smiley LOL

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

haha i'm debating. i'm not sure if i can get approved for this. this is their 2nd best card in their entire lineup. I am not sure if I have the confidence to even try lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have been looking at this card too. It comes up or me on their 'preselected' site but I know that means nothing. I just don't want to waste a HP on Citi since they can be a picky.
Message 4 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

haha i'm debating. i'm not sure if i can get approved for this. this is their 2nd best card in their entire lineup. I am not sure if I have the confidence to even try lol

it does have awesome benefits!! Im really keeping fingers crossed that you do get approved with Citi or else i will feel partly responsible. I really think you will get approved, even for that card..but if not go for the one you originally were interested in. I am now regretting applying for the Citi TYP, but wasnt sure if i would qualify for that one. The good thing is i can always apply for it down the road and have a good chance for it.

Message 5 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I have been looking at this card too. It comes up or me on their 'preselected' site but I know that means nothing. I just don't want to waste a HP on Citi since they can be a picky.

my approval should make you guys feel confident about getting approved...like i told you guys earlier, i have 2 collections and chargeoffs and was approved.

Message 6 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Now you are just trying to tempt me. I'm supposed to be in the Garden. 😔
Message 7 of 30
zeusta20
Established Contributor

I think you'd get approved! I mean, I applied and got an instant approval. The only reason why I applied in the first place was because they offered me 0% for 18 months. I honestly don't think my credit profile is even all that amazing either. I mean, I haven't had any baddies on it. Have always paid on time, etc. BUT, its not like my credit score is an outstanding 750 or anything...

I'd say....GO FOR IT!

I honestly don't even use my Citi Thank you Preferred. I just have it for the 0%.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 8 of 30
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Now you are just trying to tempt me. I'm supposed to be in the Garden. 😔

Get back in the Garden Lexie!!!  Hubba hubba move it move it.  Nothing to see here! 

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 9 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

does the thank you, thank you prefered, thank you premium all have the same underwriting requirements? Smiley Surprised

i fly to asia quite frequently so the points can be pretty nice Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.