Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is to get Apple financing???

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

How hard is to get Apple financing???

I was thinking of financing a macbook and was just wondering about the credit requirments.

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: How hard is to get Apple financing???

Fairly easy after you recon. Just don't go app happy after you get approved like I did. At least not for the first 6 or so months after being approved.

Message 2 of 32
mross1080
Established Contributor

The bank that handles the apple cards is Barclays. I apped and was approved a few months ago and they pulled TU and my score was around 620 then with a few inq's and 20% util. I recieved a 1200 limit. I dont think they were a tough bank in my opinion. I think some members have different experiences though. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind me asking, how long is your credit history and do you have any baddie on your credit report. A FICO score would also be helpful.

Also I know this is not the right place to discuss this, but if you are thinking of buying a Macbook, you should wait 2 days because Apple is going to refresh their Macbook Pro lineup this Thursday, just an FYI...

Message 4 of 32
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Anyone have success getting an Apple card from Barclays after Chapter 7 bankruptcy?  If so, about how long?  Wasn't sure if they are BK friendly or not.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 5 of 32
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

They are bankruptcy friendly. I actually called them last week curious about they're requirements. The person I spoke to said after discharge they'd like to see a clean history of atleast 6 months of on time payments and a TU of 550+. They are also very lenient with recons.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They are however not friendly with Inq.  or very much debt

Message 7 of 32
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

They are however not friendly with Inq.  or very much debt

What constitutes too many inquiries though? I have 9

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 32
mauve
Valued Contributor

Also, if you're a student, they'll have a student Mac + iPod promotion in the summer.  And they'll refresh iPods right before that offer expires.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

Fairly easy after you recon. Just don't go app happy after you get approved like I did. At least not for the first 6 or so months after being approved.

What did they do to you?

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.