cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How in the world do I get myself better credit cards?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: How in the world do I get myself better credit cards?

Sounds like you were paying your bill often so the result would be what you said.  The reality of what is happening is that it reports what is on your actual statement.  Hence you can just pay what you want right before the statement generates to report what you want and then refrain using card until statement generates.  Funny thing with all your new cards, you probably need to worry less about that since the limits are so much higher.  Finally, once new cards are active, go ahead and cancel any of your old cards with annual fee.  Start a new thread, what cards should I close Smiley Happy.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 21 of 24
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

The Cap One has an annual fee, but I get NO BENEFITS from that lame card.  It's the price I had to pay all these years with iffy credit, but now the tables have turned in my favor.  I don't mind paying an annual fee, but jeez, give me something for it.  I've had it for 10 years+ so I may not cancel it since it's part of my credit length profile and I've NEVER been late with it, so I may call up and see if they can move me to a different product.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 22 of 24
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Update.  Putting CapOne out to pasture.  They refuse to CLI me even though I've been with them since 1998 with the same credit limit (after combining 3 of their cards).  They won't PC me without doing a new app.  Add to the insult, they charge me an AF of $59.  Goodbye Cap One.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 23 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have a Freedom with a $5k limit too!!  I LOVE IT

I got it with a FICO of 636 per TU 08.... I did have to recon, but it was SO worth it.

I really need to close my C1 no hassle cash card bc of the 500 limit. meh, it doesn't have an AF though. I know they will NEVER increase the limit. :-(

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.