cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How inquiry-sensitive are these companies?

tag
Nord

How inquiry-sensitive are these companies?

- Barclays

- Chase

- Bank of America

- Discover

What number of inquiries "tips the scale" for them?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: How inquiry-sensitive are these companies?

I would say Braclays is, even after you get the card they may AA you, I think they are the worst from what I heard

Message 2 of 8
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Barclay is the worst from I what I read.

Chase is bad too, actually had accounts declined due to 3 Inq within 6 months.  I think for them 6 months Inq free is key.

B of A is not that bad, but be warned they might just pull two hards on different CRA's to see what you are up to.  They just did that to me last week, got a HP TU and HP EX for a card, I was approved for 5k though.

Discover, never had them say anythiing about Inq, just new accounts in a short time.  Maybe that is why they only gave me 3k on the IT in Jan 2013.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Idk about Barclays

Chase was 'concerned' about my 6 inq's in 12 mos (3 were from them) but after I explained what they were for I was approved for $3k

Discover didn't mention inq and I had more on my TU report (like7) due to all my GE cards- they only gave me $2500.
Message 4 of 8
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Barclays denied me for to many APP Inquiries in the last month Smiley Sad 

Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Nord wrote:

- Barclays Very

- Chase Yes

- Bank of America So So

- Discover So So

I would say more than 4-5 in a 6 month period will catch their eye. Barclays is good on recon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Nord wrote:

- Barclays

- Chase - last card was 15 on EX and was approved

- Bank of America  - 18 on EX and approved

- Discover

Who knows. I only have cards with Chase and B of A on your list. I called Chase on my last application because I did not get instant approval but once I spoke with someone they said I was approved. B of A approved after recon and asked about the 18 EX pulls but didn't let me finish answering even though that was the reason for decline. All of the EX pulls in last 9-10 months. So it's a YMMV situation. I have a good 740+ score, clean of baddies, nearly 10 year AAoA and spend a lot on cards with PIF every month. 

Message 7 of 8
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

My personal experience: Discover is hard to recons with.

From what I've read: Chase and Barclays seems to be lenient with recons.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.