Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How is Chase with CLI?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is Chase with CLI?

Waiting to find this out myself. Just had my 2nd statement cut. I'm wondering if they will auto around 6 month mark. I really am not wanting to waste a hard on CLI.

Are you wondering about auto or request?
Message 2 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Likely a hard pull. Not many get a soft CLI with Chase but some might be fortunate.
Message 3 of 12
plasticguy
Established Contributor

They're really not dependable when it comes to Autos, you best bet is to ask for one.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

plasticguy wrote:
They're really not dependable when it comes to Autos, you best bet is to ask for one.

Aw, pooh. I have a crap limit on my Freedom card and have been putting lots o' cash through that card and PIF multiple times a month. I was really hoping to be rewarded. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My Chase Borders hits six months on 8/20. I'll let you know if any magic happens, but I'm not holding my breath. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
My Chase Borders hits six months on 8/20. I'll let you know if any magic happens, but I'm not holding my breath. Smiley Very Happy

What's your pattern of use with the card. Are you workin' it?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had two both were hard. Not sure i will press it again. The first one was $2k the second $1k. So unless they decide to give it to me, I will not ask anymore!
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Card CL is $3500, APR is a deeply humorous 20.99%, like they'll ever get a penny of interest from me:

month 1: $307.96
month 2: $214.23
month 3: $107.10
month 4: $80.47
month 5: $245.03
so far this month: $318.48

I'm hardly working it to death by any means. I'm actually waiting for Borders to go under or get merged in with Barnes and Noble, and then Chase will have to offer me a regular card, at which point I'll bargain for the Freedom Plus.

So I'm not in any particular hurry.

edit to add: I PIF before the statement date, except for one oops.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-09-2008 01:57 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Card CL is $3500, APR is a deeply humorous 20.99%, like they'll ever get a penny of interest from me:

month 1: $307.96
month 2: $214.23
month 3: $107.10
month 4: $80.47
month 5: $245.03
so far this month: $318.48

I'm hardly working it to death by any means. I'm actually waiting for Borders to go under or get merged in with Barnes and Noble, and then Chase will have to offer me a regular card, at which point I'll bargain for the Freedom Plus.

So I'm not in any particular hurry.

edit to add: I PIF before the statement date, except for one oops.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-09-2008 01:57 PM

Actually, it might be interesting to see which (if either) of us gets a CLI around 6 months or so.  You've been fairly reserved with your spending. I on the other hand have been pushing about 2x my limit through my Freedom card (for the rewards) and PIF a few times a month...also with the exception of one oops where it report $262 statement balance. I'm eager to if spending habits come into play at all, considering we both generally PIF.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.