Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Chase with Product Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is Chase with Product Change?

Thanks Dawn.  From memory, I didn't get a hard inq when I switched Chase products, although I did get a hard inq when I switched AmEx products (charge to credit).
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:

krystofur wrote:

The only strange thing is that when we log on to Chase on-line, it still (3 months later) shows us both accounts.  They show the same info, except for (1) account number and (2) no statements are generated for the old account.

Same here, a year after the switch.

I'm tempted to have DW call and see if they can combine the CL's. Smiley Happy  Seems like a great way to double ther current CL.

masdeocho wrote:

So what is the name of the card I should ask for that (a) keeps my account history (b) keeps my accumulated rewards (c) has the same rewards program 3%/1% (d) always reports as a revolving credit card (e) always reports a credit limit??? What is the name of this beast??

That's an easy one.  Simply priduct switch to the non-signiture version of whatever Freedom card you currently have.  That's what I eventually plan on doing with DW's card.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:
TUVM Dawn.  I guess this means a hard inq. Smiley Mad

I agree with Dawn.  When we product switched to the Freedom card (sig version) there was no hard inquiry.  I'm not expecting a hard inquiry when we product switch from the sig version to the non-sig version.
Message 23 of 24
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Dawn wrote:

I think Psychic's Freedom (non-signature) card is the Visa Platinum.  Maybe you can get him to call Chase and ask for the exact name?

I just contacted Chase, and was informed that my Freedom Card is called a "Platinum" or "Non-Signature" card.  It appears that we've been using the correct terminology throughout these discussions. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.