Did you mean: 

How is Citi with CLI's?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: How is Citi with CLI's?

@core wrote:

I'm afraid most of the above responses were proven wrong today:

I logged in expecting to bend over and take HP for a CLI based on this forum.  I was surprised to see the page said no pull would be done.  Yes, right there on the first page it said no pull.  I lit the fuse, and CLI 4500->7500 with no pull whatsoever.  They gave me an option to request more with a pull.  I declined that.  Smiley Happy

The card is only 5 weeks old.  If they softed someone, I'm not sure who it was.  But whoever it was (assuming not TU), I guarantee my score wasn't good enough for any special treatment..  So you guys can stop parroting this business about soft pulls only after 6 months and whatever else.  There was absolutely nothing special about my account, income, nor anything else.  I did max out the card ONCE the day before I requested the CLI.  The payment for it also posted the same day..

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If your credit is in good shape they are quite generous but at the cost of a hard pull.

This.  CLI's are not just a matter of the creditor but what one's credit and income qualify for.

When they say no "pull" They mean no HP will be taken. Banks SP your Credit reports all the time. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

I have a DC that's been at $1,200 for a few months now, I was just wondering, how is Citi with their auto CLI or CLI's in general? I have the Fidelity Amex too at $5,500, so it would be nice even to be at $2,500 or so on the DC for it to be my everyday go to card.

If your credit is in good shape they are quite generous but at the cost of a hard pull.

They do SP's idk what your talking about. 

Not always. YMMV as always.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a SP CLI on my double cash card, account is only 4 months old, but the wording specifically said a credit report will not be pulled and I was approved $1,500 -> $3,000

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.