Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Patelco Credit Union?

tag
NICKI183
Established Contributor

How is Patelco Credit Union?

There are so many credit unions out there and I am currently a member of Pinnacle Fed Cred Union, Affinity Fed Crd Union, and the Pentagon Fed Cred Union.  Recently, I applied to Pateco CU.  Has anyone had any experience with them. 
Today, I received an approval, but they require a copy of my social security card and copy of my DL be faxed or mailed....

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is Patelco Credit Union?

Congrats Nicki! I think that's great that you're focusing on the CU's, as they tend to be more 'human' with their customers.

Staying in the good graces with them will come back to reward you many times over.

Have you opened up a savings account with them? What are your plans?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use them and i think they are wonderful.
Message 3 of 7
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Sylviatob wrote:
Congrats Nicki! I think that's great that you're focusing on the CU's, as they tend to be more 'human' with their customers.

Staying in the good graces with them will come back to reward you many times over.

Have you opened up a savings account with them? What are your plans?

Thanks Sylvia.  At first I was amazed that CU's are doing such an intense credit check.  As you have seen before my scores are really low.  I only applied for the FREE checking because there aren't any monthly fees. I am going to fax them the info tomorrow and hope that by it being a bank faraway I can save more.  I have access to a SHARE branch for deposits so that is great.  They asked if I wanted an ATM card, I said yes.

As stated, I am a member of AFCU and they have never given me any Luv.  They are my primary banker, but I am be reconsidering that option too.  I was added to my DH Pinnacle account so that is why I am with that CU. 

Hopefully, when my new credit cards settle and my delq (9 fall off this year) I will try and apply for a card.  Do you hae 1?
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't Nicki. to be honest with you, I didn't even know they opened up CU's to the general public until I came here, and learned a little about them.

I am highly interested though in joining one. They have a local one here in Texas called Greater Texas Federal Credit Union that's in my part of town. I'm planning on going over there and visiting with them when the time is right.

I'm so excited for you. I have a good feeling about this and what you've done. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylvia you can also try CU's associated with major employers. You don't have to work for the employer but do have to live or work in their service areas. If I remember right you are in Arlington, if so American Airlines may have a CU for you to check out. I know that the biggest CU's in my part of Texas are probably the Dupont and Mobil Cu's. There may also be some others that were employee based for some of the other refineries.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sylvia you can also try CU's associated with major employers. You don't have to work for the employer but do have to live or work in their service areas. If I remember right you are in Arlington, if so American Airlines may have a CU for you to check out. I know that the biggest CU's in my part of Texas are probably the Dupont and Mobil Cu's. There may also be some others that were employee based for some of the other refineries.

Good memory cowpaddi! Yes I am. And good suggestion! I will call AA and find out.

I found a great resource for Texas CU's: the Texas Credit Union League. I would assume there is one for every state:

http://www.tcul.coop/Texas_Credit_Unions.html

Only trouble is they don't sort by region or city. Smiley Sad

Just dragging out the yellow pages for greater Ft.Worth gave me a choice of 5 CU's. Almost all CU's have a website so it's easy and fun to research that aspect.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.