Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How legitimate is this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How legitimate is this?

Just found this in my email from Cap One this morning.  I'm not looking to expand my CC portfolio just yet but curious if this is a legit deal?

cap1preapp11519.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gorgon
Established Contributor

Re: How legitimate is this?

That's the same message I got. Instant approval.

Message 2 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Keep in mind it's not necessarily the best card for which they will approve you.

Cap One liked to send me "pre-qualified" offers for Platinum and QS1 (don't recall if they were ever actually "pre-approved"), but had no problem giving me a $20k Savor when I went for that instead.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, it's definitely a legit offer, similar to what they would offer via their pre-qualification online.  That said, it's not 100% guaranteed, but it's definitely not a gimmick.  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preapproved offers are definitely nice, versus those "pre-selected Offers". Takes the guesswork out of it. The only  better ones are when they tell you the SL up front, then you know whether it's worth the HP or not. lol

Just recently I did the pre-qual to see what I might be eligible for, since they now have the Walmart account and though it might boost my chances for abtter card with them. Though I was actually interested in the Venture. When they spat the offers out they only offered the One versions of their cards and the rarely seen Platinum Preferred. So it still looks like Cap one isn't warm to my profile.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s probably kosher. Cap is really pushing SavorOne cards currently. I get one every couple weeks.

Lol I saw the Platinum Preferred prequal the other day too! I had no idea that was a thing.
Message 6 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

It's a legitimate offer, but that doesn't guarantee approval. (Good chance, though!) 

If you want that card, go for it! 

Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

What does it say when you click View the Offer?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.