cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before AMEX uses new SP score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before AMEX uses new SP score?

@MontegoMack wrote:

I didn't mean to make my question a tough one to answer. 

I was just checking to see when teh UWs get my most recent score to use it in a CLI request. I realize they may not get it the same day or even the same week. I'm just trying to be judicious in my requesting a CLI, limiting any reason for a denial. 

I can also hope that they're just more lenient on CLI requests than they are on initial apps. 

Its not an easy question to answer.

I just checked my FICO score in my Amex online account:

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 9.11.22 PM.png

Then I pulled my Experian credit report and found this:

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 9.12.22 PM.png

Previously, based on letters from Amex quoting the date of the pulls, I had determined that their underwriting gets my EX score in the first week of the month.  But then I checked my EX credit report a few minutes ago and saw the latest soft pull dated 7/27 which is 2 days after the update on the website.

But I'm pretty certain based on dates quoted in letters from Amex and cross-referenced against the dates updates appeared on the website that it takes 2-3 weeks for the scores on the website to be available or used by underwriting.  Bottom line though is that Amex has their internal records, and if your history with them is good you should have no problem getting a CLI even if they aren't using the latest scores.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.