Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Discover CLI?

tag
afjock21
Valued Member

How long before Discover CLI?

Discover rocks!! I know AMEX is 61 days or 62 then 6 months, but what about Discover?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: How long before Discover CLI?

Auto increase after 6 statements. If no auto increase is given, you can call and request a higher limit then.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 7
afjock21
Valued Member

cooool!!

Message 3 of 7
Jahmakan
Valued Member

Took two years for them to give me an automatic increase on my More  

Message 4 of 7
Barris
Established Member

Same issue here with the More card. Is this specific to the card itself or is it just my average credit score which caused it?

Message 5 of 7
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

I got two +$500 auto increases roughly at my 3rd and 5th statements. I have tried to request CLI online yesterday (after the 6th statement), but was given a message that they need to verify my info and that it will be a hard pull, so I haven't confirmed the request.

So they do give auto CLIs even before 6th statements, but at the same time 6th statement does not guarantee getting an automated CLI Smiley Happy

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 6 of 7
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Some do, some dont.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.