cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take to receive Discover?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

How long did it take to receive Discover?

I am just curious for people who got approved by Discover. How long did it take for your account to be set up, have an account number assigned, and for the card to arrive in the mail?

It has been 2-3 business days and they hasn't even assigned me an account number, much less send a new card out. I called csr and they sent me to new accounts, and new accounts sent me back to csr, and then back to new accounts again. I eventually gave up trying to call.

Please let me know about your experiences! I applied for freedom a day later and it arrived today, so Discover has been a surprisingly disappointing experience for me.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long did it take to receive Discover?

I was approved around 2pm Central Time on Friday.  I got an email yesterday morning saying my account was available.  I still haven't received the card but I got an email yesterday saying it was shipped on Sunday.

Message 2 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah, I guess they just don't like me then.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 53
Rackham94
Established Contributor

I imagine with all the approvals posted in the last week for their IT card I would think they are swamped lol lol
Message 4 of 53
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I was actually wondering the same thing. Was approved yesterday for the Discover IT card. Followed the prompts & set up my username & such. Tried to log in to see if I could see my limit...got the message on the login screen that the acct was still being set up.

Hopefully I'll get the email within 2 days, like reckedhim got....

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 53
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

I applied on a Friday. Got it on a Wednesday.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 6 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

I wouldn't have mind if they just told me they needed extra processing time. I can wait, if they need me to. What got frustrating was that when they kept transferring me in between departments, claiming its the other side's responsibility. Even when I told the csr and new account dept that I just talked to the other side, they still went ahead and told me to talk to them rather than working it out in a 3 way call or something.

Only thing that I managed to confirm was that my CL is indeed 9000, so maybe a csr gave me a wrong number or I misheard.

Right now I'm kinda regretting I applied even though they gave me a high CL. Just kept thinking I should have went ahead with citi thank you premier instead.

Oh well. Maybe I'm just grumpy lol.
Message 7 of 53
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

hmm..this is strange as Discover I received in 3 business days but my Freedom took 3 weeks to arrive...just the other way around for me....Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 53
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

I was approved yesterday and still cannot access my online acount either so its not just you.

Message 9 of 53
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

I applied last Tuesday and recieved it Saturday.  

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.