cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take to receive Discover?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: How long did it take to receive Discover?

hey a3quit4s, how did you get the ML card? Did you have an account with them?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 31 of 53
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

ok few updates, good things mostly.

I saw my account finally being created on Tuesday 11.22pm PST and I logged in and called CSR right away. For some reason, I was approved for the More card, rather than the IT card. I am guessing it has to do with the referral link Smiley Tongue
My CL is still 9000. I tried testing my luck and ask for more, but to no avail. I'm still happy, since I wasn't expecting a CLI at all right away.

Conversion to the IT is seamless, but full conversion will have to wait until my next billing cycle, which is almost 2 months away but the CSR said she'll follow up and make sure I get 1% and 5% respectively for all my purchases starting today, which is really nice of her.

Best part of it all, they're able to Fedex the card out, which should arrive Thursday or latest Friday.

I am now much happier than I was yesterday morning lol. If the card does arrive before this weekend I'll put over 3k on it right away Smiley Very Happy

Btw, how long does it take for payments to post on Discover? I will be paying from a Chase / Citi / Wells Fargo account, whichever is fine, if it makes a difference in the time for payment to go through and post.

LOL  I know it wasn't my referral link! Smiley LOL Smiley Surprised Smiley Wink  Anyway, I'm glad there's finally some progress. Enjoy your new Discover card!

Message 32 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

i received my card today through fedex but it was just a letter with the card on it Smiley Surprised There's no fancy packaging <_<

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 33 of 53
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Congrats. I still havent gotten mine yet.

Message 34 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

It's a nice card. Would have been my nicest card if it was metal! Smiley Surprised
Message 35 of 53
tatterz
New Contributor

Discover is tempting the s**t out of me. They keep sending me preapprovals in the mail AHGGG. Not only that, but Google's Ad service keeps giving me Discover Ads on soo many websites I visit.

I might just apply so that Discover leaves me alone Smiley Tongue

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 36 of 53
enharu
Super Contributor

apply for it! lols

Message 37 of 53
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

@enharu wrote:
It's a nice card. Would have been my nicest card if it was metal! Smiley Surprised

Yes I just got mine yesterday and It would be even more awesome if it were metal.

Message 38 of 53
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Just got mine today, very nice looking card. 

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 39 of 53
TwistedAngel
New Contributor

I got mine yesterday via USPS. It came in a fancy plastic folding package that held the card and all the documents inside a small cardboard mailer. It looks awesome. It did take me 10 days to get the card, though my online account was up in 4. You do have the option to change the design, but the default design is the most aesthetically pleasing IMO.... though the skyline pick is a close second. 

............11/10.......................03/13..........................11/14..........................03/15..........................03/15............
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.