Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do CC backlist you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do CC backlist you?

They just opened a Super Target like 5 blocks form my house i would love to have there card again but i applied last year an was told i was Blacklist i filed Target in a Chapter 13 10 years ago i wonder if i could write a GW letter for forgiveness lol.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long do CC backlist you?

Bump
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the creditor.

Macy's - forever.

USAA - forever

AMEX - reported forever, but hear about exceptions to this.

BoA - have heard of problems being reported 10 to 15 years later.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i had a Marshall Fields card that Macy's bought out so i'll never own a Macy's card don't really care never shop there.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think GW will do anything for "internal company files."  I really don't know what their long term policy is, and it may just cost you an inquiry to find out.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think GW will do anything for "internal company files."  I really don't know what their long term policy is, and it may just cost you an inquiry to find out.

As far ass Target an Macy i applied last years an was denied for accounts that went bad with them years ago I was just wondering has anyone every had success with anyone that backlist them from the past forgive them..

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered voluntarily settling these accounts, even though past SOL, IIB and beyond CRTP?

Macy's has a recovery "reinstatement" program.  Maybe Target would do similar?  Or maybe Target isn't in your future?

Message 7 of 12
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Kays jeweler blacklist to forever. because my husband tried to apply and got denied. He defaulted on kays back in 1990 and he actually forgot about until he applied and they sent him a letter saying the reason he was denied was past obligations.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an Associates Credit Card 7+ years ago and they were bought out by Citi, and I was wondering how long Citi blacklists.  I have finally reached the statute of limitations without filing ch 7 and I want to rebuild up to 750.  Right now my high is 604 on TransUnion, with my low 583 on Experian.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is not forever. I had a Macy's card years ago and defaulted, charge off. Now many years later they gave me another card with an even higher limit than when I defaulted on.

Personally I think it has much to do with when you defaulted as in your age and where you are today. I defaulted on many many credit cards in my younger years and have most of them back now that I'm pushing 40. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.