Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do inquiries last on a report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do inquiries last on a report?

Hi. I've tried to seach through this forum for a thread indicating how long do inquiries last on a report but I haven't been able to see a thread with the answer I'm looking for, I know I must have missed it.

My understanding is that a hard inquirie will last up to two years on your credit report. Now this is where I'm confused; I think that any creditors looking up your credit report will only be able to see the inquiries on your report for the last 12 months and the actual customer is the only one who is able to see it for two years.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long do inquiries last on a report?

Two years-

Factor into FICO scoring for 1 year-

Bishop wrote:
Hi. I've tried to seach through this forum for a thread indicating how long do inquiries last on a report but I haven't been able to see a thread with the answer I'm looking for, I know I must have missed it.

My understanding is that a hard inquirie will last up to two years on your credit report. Now this is where I'm confused; I think that any creditors looking up your credit report will only be able to see the inquiries on your report for the last 12 months and the actual customer is the only one who is able to see it for two years.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.