cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does CitiBank keep applications in their system?

tag
badgerviper

How long does CitiBank keep applications in their system?

I applied for a CitiBank ThankYou card in late August and received a denial letter dated 9/5/13. Unfortunately, I was on vacation and did not have time to submit a reconsideration letter until 10/2/13. I received a call from CitiBank Executive Review asking for my permission to pull my credit reports again since it's been past 30 days from my initial app date. The thing is, I just made some large payments to my credit cards (due date 10/8/13 but paid a week before then) and don't want them pulling a report until the new lower balances post. Now I know that it may take some time for my credit cards to report to the agencies but does anyone how long CitiBank keeps the applications in their system? The rep from Executive Review said she wasn't sure and that I would have to restart the entire application process again if my initial app got deleted out of their system. Does CitiBank give you 30 days to request reconsideration from the initial app date and then ANOTHER 30 days for the reconsideration period? (I HOPE). I don't want the app to expire and have to put another 2 inquiries on my report since it appears that most credit card companies like to deny me at first Smiley Sad But I also don't want to get denied because I had 50% utilization rate on my cards when they pulled the report (now 25%). Any info or suggestions on what I should do is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does CitiBank keep applications in their system?

I think you should wait until your report reflects your best side and here's why:
You already took the HP and was denied, and a recon now (outside of 30 days) will take another HP anyways (making it 2 HPs total), instead wait until your lowered balances report and then re apply for it. This way it'll be your 2nd HP anyways (same as scenero above) and if denied this time recon promptly to try to avoid a 3rd HP.
Message 2 of 5
badgerviper

Totally makes sense. They pulled both EXP and EQ although most credit pull databases say they just pull EXP and I got tunnel vision with the HPs. They DID, however, stop sending me invitations to apply with great rates/miles/0%transfers which is the whole reason why I applied in the first place. Do you think they will send them to me again once I let the application expire out?

Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Citi allows 2 applications every 60 days, Denial or Approval.  So unless your report has significantly changed, I would hold off on applying with them again.  I've heard their co-branded (HHonors, AAdvantage, etc...) cards are slightly easier, but that's strictly heresay.

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

Citi allows 2 applications every 60 days, Denial or Approval.  So unless your report has significantly changed, I would hold off on applying with them again.  I've heard their co-branded (HHonors, AAdvantage, etc...) cards are slightly easier, but that's strictly heresay.

+1

To add: as far as any reconsideration efforts, a 30-day window applies from the decision date.  After that period, the app/info cannot be updated.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.