Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Inquries stay on your report

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

How long does Inquries stay on your report

On the forumn it has been often  been said that once a year has pass, an inquiry no longer affects your credit score. I have some inquries for 2011,2012. I still see them on there, will creditors see these inquries on my report? Or only my eyes can see it. Because I was under the assumption that inquries stay on your file for two years

Inquries I have now

EX 3

EQ 7

TU 2

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does Inquries stay on your report

You should be getting close to the fall off on the 2011, as they stay on your report for two years

I should have added that if you get your free reports from annualcreditreports it should show the expected fall off date

lenders may see hard inquries,  only you will see the soft inquries

Hope this helps

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: How long does Inquries stay on your report

@JMills wrote:

On the forumn it has been often  been said that once a year has pass, an inquiry no longer affects your credit score. I have some inquries for 2011,2012. I still see them on there, will creditors see these inquries on my report? Or only my eyes can see it. Because I was under the assumption that inquries stay on your file for two years

Inquries I have now

EX 3

EQ 7

TU 2

So there are two different dates.  For Scores, after one year the inquiries have no impact (and have a reduced effect during that year as time goes on).  They do stay on your report for 2 years and any creditor can see them during that time.   Some creditors will look at everything on the report, others only more recent stuff.   So on manual review, potentially they can impact decisions for two years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.