cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a lease company have to report to the CR?

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

How long does a lease company have to report to the CR?

I got a lease through a company called "Why Not Lease It", on 11/2. One of the perks you could enroll in was called "why not fix it", where they report your payments to Transunion.

I pulled my TU report this afternoon and lo and behold, they have not reported the 3 bi-weekly payments I have made.

How long do companies usually wait to report? This company has a bad rep and I have a bad feeling they are not going to report it at all.

Here is what it says:

Why Not Fix It is a service provided free by Why Not Lease It.
Are you struggling to find a way to improve your low credit score?
The best way to prove your credit worthiness is to buy on credit and then show that you have made all your payments.
But, the problem is you can’t qualify. So, what can you do to help get your credit score back on track?
Enroll in the WhyNotFixIt program and
  • We will report your payments to TransUnion
  • You can request payment changes any time
  • You can update your account information online
  • You can monitor your payments
  • You can take charge of getting your credit score back on track!
Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: How long does a lease company have to report to the CR?

Forgot to mention, this company offers "no credit check", so they only did a softpull to provide how much in dollars I could lease.

However, I thought a company couldn't report payments to a CB without pulling a hardpull, because doesn't the hardpull contain more info than a SP?

TU Fico 626

Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I got a lease through a company called "Why Not Lease It", on 11/2. One of the perks you could enroll in was called "why not fix it", where they report your payments to Transunion.

I pulled my TU report this afternoon and lo and behold, they have not reported the 3 bi-weekly payments I have made.

How long do companies usually wait to report? This company has a bad rep and I have a bad feeling they are not going to report it at all.

Here is what it says:

Why Not Fix It is a service provided free by Why Not Lease It.
Are you struggling to find a way to improve your low credit score?
The best way to prove your credit worthiness is to buy on credit and then show that you have made all your payments.
But, the problem is you can’t qualify. So, what can you do to help get your credit score back on track?
Enroll in the WhyNotFixIt program and
  • We will report your payments to TransUnion
  • You can request payment changes any time
  • You can update your account information online
  • You can monitor your payments
  • You can take charge of getting your credit score back on track!

I am not familiar with this company but to answer your question they can report anytime.  Some companies can take up to two-three months to report

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Forgot to mention, this company offers "no credit check", so they only did a softpull to provide how much in dollars I could lease.

However, I thought a company couldn't report payments to a CB without pulling a hardpull, because doesn't the hardpull contain more info than a SP?

This is incorrect.  If you've been on this board you must have seen the threads on 'shopping cart trick'. Those accounts are opened by SP's and they report full history

Message 4 of 5
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

My mistake.

I always thought the shopping cart trick was just an easy way to "shop around" for a card by doing SP's only, I didn't realize there is no HP when actually applying.  That makes sense now.

However, this company has a "scam alert" with the BBB. I could not pay my last bill because it kept asking me to update my adresss. For what? It's not like they are going to mail me a christmas present.Smiley Very Happy

I updated it 5 times and it was 100% correct to USPS guidelines, I finally had to have an attorney freind of mine get on their case about it, and even then they took 5 days to fix it, and got me for a late fee because ot it.

Since this company seems shoddy per BBB reviews, I wonder if I should just wait, or contact them asking me to send me a bill for the amt and PIF. 

TU Fico 626

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.