cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

my BCE took 13 days counting weekends. my Green and Goldpr arrived in 1 week.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 11 of 45
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

It's a little bit different story, but when I wanted to replace my "usual" BCE with the one with contactless chip (forgot how Amex calls it, a technology similar to Paypass / Paywave / ZIP at MC/V/Discover), they overnighted the card despite me trying to explain that basically there's absolutely no urgency and I can easily wait for the card for up to the week...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 12 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info everyone, makes me feel better that my card is not lost in the mail and that AMEX can take their sweet time to send some of their cards.  Here's hoping it'll arrive today!  I have an empty slot in my wallet dedicated to my BCE Smiley Happy

Snowman, how are you liking your PRG?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 13 of 45
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I'm anxious to recieve my Green card. I applied last week but no card yet. Hope they don't take longer.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 14 of 45
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

1 week each for my Zync and Delta Gold

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 45
oogy
Contributor

When I applied for my Gold Premier Rewards, the Monday before Thanksgiving, I got it that Wednesday via UPS.  I didn't ask for it to be expedited or anything, but it seems that they did.

Starting over from scratch again February 28, 2023.
I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 16 of 45
Involus
Regular Contributor

I apped the 28th and got my card yesterday.

Message 17 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Checked my mail today, still not here. Smiley Sad

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 18 of 45
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i hope you receive it tomorrow. i know i would be bummed out too, then again when i applied for my blue cash card, i was careful as to when i would apply for it. i applied during business hours on a business day.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 19 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Still not here.  I'm getting paranoid that it got lost in the mail or stolen by someone or something.  I checked my mail today, saw "American Express", but it was another pre-selected offer. -_-  So I now have my 5th fake Blue Sky card, I want my real BCE already!!

If it seriously does not arrive by Saturday, I'm calling.  I think 2+ weeks is way too long to receive a card.  I would call now, but I don't want them to create a new card/overnight it to me on the same day my original one comes in the mail, you know?

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.