cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: How long does it take AMEX to send their cards?

Hopefully your wait is over soon - I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my APR letter so they will finally ship the card hopefully my wait isn't as long as yours has been.

Message 21 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I got my approval letter in the mail last Monday, and from what I've read on here, AMEX does not make your card until you receive the letter.  Idk how they know when you actually receive the letter though, since there's no tracking on normal mail.  Anywho, it's been 9 business days since I received the approval letter, and like 12 business days since I got approved.  My letter says "7-10 business days"...please come sooooon!  I want to use it LOL

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 22 of 45
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

I got my approval letter in the mail last Monday, and from what I've read on here, AMEX does not make your card until you receive the letter.  Idk how they know when you actually receive the letter though, since there's no tracking on normal mail.  Anywho, it's been 9 business days since I received the approval letter, and like 12 business days since I got approved.  My letter says "7-10 business days"...please come sooooon!  I want to use it LOL

My quess is  that you will have it no later than Sat. ...........  I app for mine on Oct 15 and got the card on the 27th

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiLine wrote:

It took me 9 days. Amex is known to take their time to issue credit cards upon approval: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Delta-so-slow/td-p/1717390

+ (infinity sign)....It took closer to three weeks for my SPG card to arrive.  Soooo pissed because I was going out of town and booked at one of their properties.  Needless to say I didn't earn the points.  Please don't hold your breath.  On the flip side, I have an AMEX in my wallet, *Bleep* Capital One.

Message 24 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Ouch, three weeks?  That's way too long for a card to arrive IMO.  I hope mine doesn't take that long...I've already waited two weeks, I don't think I can stand another week of daily "It WILL be here TODAY" thoughts :/

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 25 of 45
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I was approved for Green and BCE last Fri. I was instantly approved for Green. I got the 7-10 day message on the BCE so I checked the online app status for BCE and was approved. I called CS to ask the limit, and the CSR also let me know I would have the BCE no later than 12/10. I received the BCE APR letter in the mail Tues, and I received the Green card today, now I'm just waiting on the actual BCE card to arrive.
Message 26 of 45
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Sak, that's really strange it has come yet. I get ancy if the card isnt here in a week, there losing out on more money for themselves the longer they take. Or you can call and ask to see what's taking so long. I'm glad AMEX decided to Expedite my PRG, I would have gone nuts if they had taken nearly 3 weeks. I can understand a week, but almost 3 weeks? something is definitely going on. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 27 of 45
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

My approval letter didn't contain my APR, and I can't check it online....am I supposed to get another APR letter too or something?  Or will that come with my card?

Message 28 of 45
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

My approval letter didn't contain my APR, and I can't check it online....am I supposed to get another APR letter too or something?  Or will that come with my card?

Your APR and Credit Limit will come with the card .

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 29 of 45
westcoastpirate
Contributor

@sak-Yeah, sorry, I got my BCE approval letter on Tues, not APR letter. I'm expecting the APR with the card.
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.