Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Chase card to appear

tag
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

How long does it take for Chase card to appear

I had a chase card approved by moving $10000 credit line from an existing account by talking to rep over the phone. However, I didn't sell the credit line decrease when I log in yet, just wondering if it was instant or if it take a few days before the credit line is decreased in the online system or when the card starts appearing online. Thanks

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long does it take for Chase card to appear

Anywhere from 24-72 hours.  It also depends on the system maintenance on the backend.

Message 2 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Oh not instant? I remember one time when I applied for the Chase southwest card and i had to reallocate credit from my chase sapphire card, when the rep moved it within 15 minutes online I was able to see my credit line reduced but that was on a weekday and not weekend. Not sure if it made a difference. And not sure if it made a difference on the type of rep you spoke to and if it needed to be reviewed again? When I got approved this time the rep said I will approve you and get the card in 2 weeks. 

Message 3 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ThriftySaver wrote:

Oh not instant? I remember one time when I applied for the Chase southwest card and i had to reallocate credit from my chase sapphire card, when the rep moved it within 15 minutes online I was able to see my credit line reduced but that was on a weekday and not weekend. Not sure if it made a difference. And not sure if it made a difference on the type of rep you spoke to and if it needed to be reviewed again? When I got approved this time the rep said I will approve you and get the card in 2 weeks. 

Not necessarily.  Any CL reallocation sometimes will require a senior level u/w approval, or in the event the account is flagged for any other reason, portfolio risk review will review before they can release it.  Policies vary depending on the changes you made to your accounts.   Weekday or weekends do not dictate the movements.

Message 4 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

oh I see. But if it does require approval won't the credit analyst usually say, I will put it up for review and you can check status in 72 hours rather than saying I will approve you and you will get the card in 2 weeks? So is it bset to call again in a few days or wait online for it to appear

Message 5 of 27
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

Mine was instant, had Amazon reward card. applied for Freedom, got instatnly approved, saw Freedom in my account right away

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 6 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ThriftySaver wrote:

oh I see. But if it does require approval won't the credit analyst usually say, I will put it up for review and you can check status in 72 hours rather than saying I will approve you and you will get the card in 2 weeks? So is it bset to call again in a few days or wait online for it to appear

I would suggest give it about 72 hours before calling back.  The backend system interface (card services) sometimes can take a day or so to update on the main Chase.com profile.  However, if it doesn't display in that timeframe, just contact them.  They should be able to confirm the changes or if you call the automated system, it should reflect the change on your CC by then.

Message 7 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

oh ok thanks wow u know so much!

Message 8 of 27
JKXX
New Contributor

I just moved part of my amazon line to my freedom. Rep said it was approved and would show online in 15 minutes.

15 minutes later, it showed online.
Last Inq: 10/24/14. EQ: 770 (10-02-13), TU08: 797 (10-27-14), EX: ??
Chase Ink $18,500 | REI Visa $17,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Discover IT $10,000 | Sallie Mae $10,000 | Amex BCE $9,000 | BOA 123 $7,500 | US Bank Cash+ $7,000 | Wells Fargo Rewards $4,900 | Walmart Discover $6,500 | Chase Amazon $1,000
Message 9 of 27
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

was the freedom a new card?

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.