cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for new account to be reflected in CR?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

How long does it take for new account to be reflected in CR?

How long does it usually take for US Bank, Chase, Discover and Barclays to update new accounts into CRs? Smiley Surprised

Thanks!!!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long does it take for new account to be reflected in CR?

Discover can take up to two cycles!

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

+1 on Discover. My Freedom reported a few weeks after approval.
Message 3 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I got my Discover in December and I didn't see it show up until February.  I just got my Chase 2 weeks ago and it hasn't reported yet.

All other cards showed up so fast that it was unreal....most before I even got the cards...LOL!  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Do u remember how many weeks it was for chase? I'm hopefully they don't report anything for the next 2 week! Smiley Tongue it's been about 2 weeks since I got my csp now
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 14
solxp
Contributor

@enharu wrote:

How long does it usually take for US Bank, Chase, Discover and Barclays to update new accounts into CRs? Smiley Surprised

Thanks!!!

As others have indicated Discover is slow. Its been awhile but I think it was like one month on one CRA and two months before the other 2 registered it. USAA Amex which I got after being turned down for a Costco True Earnings card (because apparently you cant get it with a  Coscto business membership) reported before I even got the card 3 days later.

Message 6 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

It depends on when you were approved.  If it is right before your cycle closing, then you won't see a statement and/or it won't report until the next statement closing date.  That's what happened to me with VS and also Discover. 

When I finally come out of the garden, I will time my apps much better.

Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I was approved on the 4th of March, got the card 10 days later and my first statement cut on the 25th. It reported a few days later.
Message 8 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

All my new accounts have new due dates set up that are sorta in line with the dates I got approved though. So does that mean they will all report on the due dates?
Message 9 of 14
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
All my new accounts have new due dates set up that are sorta in line with the dates I got approved though. So does that mean they will all report on the due dates?

Best bet would be to call them and ask how soon they report.  That's how I found out with VS and Discover. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.