cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to receive Marriott free night certificate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to receive Marriott free night certificate?

My anniversary was March 18 and I have still yet to receive it. I know Amex saids it takes 8-14 weeks but It was only 8 weeks for the Hilton Aspire.

How long did it take you all to receive yours?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: How long does it take to receive Marriott free night certificate?

@Anonymous wrote:
My anniversary was March 18 and I have still yet to receive it. I know Amex saids it takes 8-14 weeks but It was only 8 weeks for the Hilton Aspire.

How long did it take you all to receive yours?

I was wondering the same thing since my anniversary date is also March (the PC to SPG Luxury on day 1 did not reset that) and did some searching recently.  According to the posts on FlyerTalk, it's the 2nd of the month on the month following the statement close one month after the annual fee was billed.  Basically, since you have a month to close or downgrade the card in order to avoid paying the AF, they wait one more statement and then they're all done in batches on 2nd of each month.  Suppose that keeps them from having to claw them back from Marriott or the cardholder since they could be used as soon as the same day they're issued.  So my AF hit in early April, and I should be receiving my free night on the 2nd of June.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah gotcha. I’m assuming I should likely receive mine by June 2nd as well or would it be July 2nd since my statement closes on the 15th of every month? My annual fee was billed on my April statement.

I really wish it didn’t take so long to get them.
Message 3 of 13
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

What about the $300 statement credit? Do they both come after 14 months?

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 4 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah gotcha. I’m assuming I should likely receive mine by June 2nd as well or would it be July 2nd since my statement closes on the 15th of every month? My annual fee was billed on my April statement.

I really wish it didn’t take so long to get them.

Mine was on my April statement, too.  We should both get them in our Marriott accounts on the 2nd; fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@TheAuthorizedUser wrote:
What about the $300 statement credit? Do they both come after 14 months?

I did a PC from SPG to SPG Luxury the day it launched.  I got my first $300 statement credit on a stay in Quebec days later, even though I had a prorated AF of $225 and a partial AF refund for SPG of $47.50!  My next round of statement credits this year started in March, just after the anniversary date but before the AF had been billed.  There appears be zero delay in the statement credit restarting, although I'm sure Amex reserves the right to claw that back if you then cancelled immediately after to avoid paying the AF.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this back up

Its June 2nd and I have still yet to receive my free night. However, it possibly could be one full billing cycle after the statement the fee was billed on. In other words, I think you have to pay the fee, wait till that statement closes and then wait another full billing cycle to receive free night. Hopefully my free night will be here after my statement closes June 14. I will report back if it does.

Message 7 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear above.  My AF was billed on 02 April when my statement closed and paid in April prior to 02 May statement.  Hopefully I should be seeing my free night certificate at some point today since it's the 2nd of the month 2 months after the AF was billed, and past the point of being able to cancel the card and have the full AF credited.  Marriott usually does things late afternoon and evening when doing batches, so I'll take a look again later today.  If it doesn't post until 02 July, that would be quite annoying.

Edit: And looking at your timing, even though your statement closed 13 days after mine, you should also be on the 02 June batch.

Message 8 of 13
NRB525
Super Contributor

It would also be interesting to note when that cert expires, if 12 months after actual issue date.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Assuming the 2nd being on a Sunday delayed the batch. Certificate is deposited and expires one year from today.

B57810C9-435C-4AD4-AE73-349E3B2C9E14.jpeg

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.