Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for AMEX to report to CR

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: How long for AMEX to report to CR

@LS2982 wrote:

Did you get an AMEX yet bichon? If not, which one are you going for?

I haven't decided yet. I'm just trying to figure out when to app based on how it's going to affect my other plans. Smiley Happy

I really want Costco and BCE (if that's the no AF one). But think I may just app for Zync first because of my thin file/short AAoA and because I *really* want/need the backdating. Then maybe 6 mos later, app for the revolvers.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@bichonmom wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Did you get an AMEX yet bichon? If not, which one are you going for?

I haven't decided yet. I'm just trying to figure out when to app based on how it's going to affect my other plans. Smiley Happy

I really want Costco and BCE (if that's the no AF one). But think I may just app for Zync first because of my thin file/short AAoA and because I *really* want/need the backdating. Then maybe 6 mos later, app for the revolvers.

That's a good approach ~ you can start with the Zync and then apply for a revolver after 6 months or so of good history with them.   The AF is $25, it's the lowest of all the Charge Cards.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

Took a full billing cycle for my BCE to show up

Message 13 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

I might suggest that if your scores are not above 700 , you have some baddies to start with the zync . You will see a lot of zync approvals in the. Mid 600's. It's a good way in with Amex. The rewards are not stellar but you're building a history.

Message 14 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:
I might suggest that if your scores are not above 700 , you have some baddies to start with the zync . You will see a lot of zync approvals in the. Mid 600's. It's a good way in with Amex. The rewards are not stellar but you're building a history.

No baddies, but I have NO idea what my EX FICO is! Smiley Mad My best guess is that it's somewhere between my TU and EQ, since it does have an older acct, which my EQ doesn't.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Thanks for the post and replies!

Was approved for BCP a week ago and was wondering if there was enough time for backdating and so on before it reported. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the BCP! Is that a clear card from AMEX?

The BCP looks identical to my Blue Cash card with the exception of "Preferred" printed horizontally on my BCP (left side of the card) and yes they are both clear with the blue box in the center of the card.

As far as to how long an AmEx takes to report, I'm my experiences, my Blue Cash opened 3/11 did not report for two full billing cycles (aprox 60 days after I activated the card) my PR Gold opened 7/11 reported after just one cycle (aprox 30-31 days after I activated the card) my BCP opened 10/11 did not report for two full billing cycles (aprox 60 days after activation).

So IME, AmEx seems to report their Revolvers 2 full billing cycles after activating the card, and one full billing cycle with their Charge card after activation.

This has been my experience, I'm sure there are others who have experienced different reporting timeframes, I guess it's a YMMV type of thing.

@ BM, all three of my AmEx cards reported opened in 91 the very first time they reported.

Message 16 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

I'm planning to get a new AmEx every Jan for the AAOA to balance out new bonus offers.  I've noticed that for me, it doesn't appear on my CRs until around 45 - 60 days later.

Regarding the Zync, it's a great card if used properly.  However, the one downside is that as of now, the card cannot be upgraded.  So, in the future, if you wanted another charge card, you'd have to reapply.  Then, the people handling your new charge card won't be privy to your good history with the Zync, while AmEx underwriting in general will be when approving you for other cards.

In my view, the Zync is at it's best when it's a complimentary to another full membership MR card that you must have, such as a business, PR Gold for the air travel, or Platinum for the perks.

It is certainly not a good standalone card, unless your plan is to hoard the points, and upgrade them to another charge card later.

Message 17 of 29
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Bichonmom- if you think your scores with EX is in between your TU and EQ score and you have no baddies, you should have no problem with getting the Zync. Being that it's the first part of the year- for backdating purposes, IMO, nows the time to go for it. Zync was designed for people with short histories and new to credit. (not bad credit). That's why you see so many mid 600+ approvals. Good luck!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 18 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm also thinking about getting the GE Amazon card. (I really do have app fever! Smiley Tongue) So, I'm wondering, since Amex softs a lot, would they get nervous if they see another new CC opened at the same time? 

Message 19 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Bichonmom- if you think your scores with EX is in between your TU and EQ score and you have no baddies, you should have no problem with getting the Zync. Being that it's the first part of the year- for backdating purposes, IMO, nows the time to go for it. Zync was designed for people with short histories and new to credit. (not bad credit). That's why you see so many mid 600+ approvals. Good luck!

For my money, unless you've got established credit and work history, the Zync is far and away the best way to start a relationship with AmEx.  

From my perspective, it's never where you start, but where you end up.  I know there are many who see the Zync as a "sophomoric" AmEx--and even some of their CSRs may feel that way--but I see it as a way "get in the door" and build your internal scores with them.  In time, if your scores are good, you'll be easily approved for any of their cards with astounding CLs after 12 months.

And, your lowly Zync that people scorned will have a higher NPSL than some Gold and Platinum cards, if your risk scores justify it.  That's the beauty of AmEx charge cards.  It's dynamic and a reflection of your current (past 6 months) financial spending ability, for better or worse.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.