Did you mean: 

How long for AMEX to report to CR

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: How long for AMEX to report to CR

@bichonmom wrote:

@CS800 wrote:
I might suggest that if your scores are not above 700 , you have some baddies to start with the zync . You will see a lot of zync approvals in the. Mid 600's. It's a good way in with Amex. The rewards are not stellar but you're building a history.

No baddies, but I have NO idea what my EX FICO is! Smiley Mad My best guess is that it's somewhere between my TU and EQ, since it does have an older acct, which my EQ doesn't.

I would say if your EX is in the high 600's , you have a good chance too. Did you have an Amex before?

Message 21 of 29
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I'm also thinking about getting the GE Amazon card. (I really do have app fever! Smiley Tongue) So, I'm wondering, since Amex softs a lot, would they get nervous if they see another new CC opened at the same time? 

If you're thinking about getting the Amazon Visa for shopping at Amazon,com, you might be better off with the Citi Forward card. It gives you 5 points/dollar at restaurants, bookstores, movies & music, and it considers Amazon.com a bookstore.

The catch is with Citi's thank you points - 1 point isn't always 1% unless you redeem 10,000 at a time. Still even if you redeem at a lesser amount as long as it's >.6% you're doing better than the Amazon Visa.

Just something to consider.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed AMEX has been updating credit reports a LOT faster than they used to. They used to be a month behind, but I've noticed the last couple of months they've been updating a couple of days after the statement cuts. Not sure about new cards being added to CRs though. 

Message 23 of 29
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

If your scores are 700+ I would suggest skipping the Zync and going for the green which can be upgraded. I just got approved for the freen with just six months of credit history on my Capital One card. The requirements for their charge cards don't seem to be as strict and the green can always be upgraded after 13 months pretty easily I have heard. Plus you get more features, membership rewards points instead of the express version, etc. I would suggest going for that. It's not much harder if at all to get, and I have heard that the green/gold/platinum receive a separate customer service department from the zync.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 24 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've noticed AMEX has been updating credit reports a LOT faster than they used to. They used to be a month behind, but I've noticed the last couple of months they've been updating a couple of days after the statement cuts. Not sure about new cards being added to CRs though. 

I agree they have been very punctual in their reporting.

Message 25 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

Funny that Discover and Amex seem to go hand-in-hand as far as reporting goes. All other creditors report almost immediately after approval.

Message 26 of 29
nagisa
New Contributor

I find it takes anywhere from 1-4 days for my PRG to be reported to the CRs after the statement cut.

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 27 of 29
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

Do charge cards like Gold and Green even get reported to the bueaus? I've had Gold for about a year (AU) and still don't see an AmEx line on my credit report.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 29
nagisa
New Contributor

@hateAshbury wrote:

Do charge cards like Gold and Green even get reported to the bueaus? I've had Gold for about a year (AU) and still don't see an AmEx line on my credit report.

My PRG has always appeared on my CRs as a line. Sometimes they are reported as a revolving acount, but sometimes they appear as a 'flexible' or 'open' account. Still either way they should appear.

Perhaps you should look into why it's not reporting, though I suppose there are both disadvantages and advantages to it being hidden?

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.