cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for Bofa Secure to graduate to unsecured?

tag
mrdrum18
Contributor

How long for Bofa Secure to graduate to unsecured?

I've been hearing a few oppinions. Some say it's 9 months after you opened the account, others say 9 statements..

Also, I have another FIA card. Once I graduate, can I combine these two cards, so that the Unsecured card is then merged into the FIA card and retain history etc?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long for Bofa Secure to graduate to unsecured?

I just got mines unsecured after 9 months upon recieving the card.
Message 2 of 4
NinComPoop
Contributor

I doubt they will let you combine those cards if one is a branded boa card and the other a branded fia card. They  have a policy where they aren't going to want to break what they call transparency.  In reality you know fia card services is boa but they won't tell you that unless you state you know this is the case and break transparency.  I used to work in their customer marketing "balance transfer" sales department and we were aware of fia cards because we could see the additional credit but couldn't combine them like we could boa cards.  You'd probably want to speak with someone in the credit department.
Message 3 of 4
CreditKnight_850
Valued Member

Mine got unsecured last week after exactly 11 months.

Thanks,

Khawar 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.