Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is recovery from........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long is recovery from........

an app frenzy of inquiries ..just curious-(in your experience) I know they show for 2 years and affect for one year-dont think I am as bad off as I could have possibly been considering I didnt have many tradelines and my UTI was increased to a better ratio and actually got more credit offered to me than in the past
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

Re: How long is recovery from........

Im guessing that about 6mths ........as this will allow your new cards to age a bit (not be considered new) and your inquiries to age as well so they dont seem so recent.
I too went on an application spree in Oct and havent applied since I cant wait for my new cards to age
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I was told here by Reliable Sources that an inq carries the full hurt for exactly one year; no fade. Then, poof, it's gone.

But the more I look at my scores and others, the more it seems that the real score hurt comes less from the inqs and more from the actual new account hitting, re-aging your history. And on that, you do get improvements at 3 months and 6 months (think the simulators.) I've seen this from a zero score change when my second inq hit on EQ, and a 1-point increase when the first one fell off.

And of course, the car loan and mortgage inqs made within a defined time period do clump, so that helps too.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hauling great info to know--so really i got quite a few dropping In Jan and Feb then some stragglers thru all the months  until August when the car ones call off (it was a ton of them)  so I should see better things happen in the next 6 mos at leaset--and hopefully with things droppin off this latest smack in the face from CAP1 will loosen up Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The good thing is that the scoring formula expects those who are building or rebuilding their credit to do a fair amount of app'ing, and I don't think there's all that much of a ding. I've read inq counts by some posters that made my eyelashes fall out, but they seem to keep chugging along with their scores reasonably intact.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I was told here by Reliable Sources that an inq carries the full hurt for exactly one year; no fade. Then, poof, it's gone.

But the more I look at my scores and others, the more it seems that the real score hurt comes less from the inqs and more from the actual new account hitting, re-aging your history. And on that, you do get improvements at 3 months and 6 months (think the simulators.) I've seen this from a zero score change when my second inq hit on EQ, and a 1-point increase when the first one fell off.

And of course, the car loan and mortgage inqs made within a defined time period do clump, so that helps too.

Yep, it hurt more when the acutal account hit. Just now recovering. But it was worth it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.