Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till I can upgrade capital one card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long till I can upgrade capital one card

Hello everyone I was approved for a capital one platinum card about 4 months ago and have since got a $100 CLI how long do I need to wait before I can possibly upgrade to the quicksilver? I had a ch. 7 discharged in January. Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long till I can upgrade capital one card

Hey! How's it going?

I believe you want to wait at least 6 months. If you want, you can go to the capital one upgrade link and try the link and see what it says. I'm sure others will chime in and give input!

Here's the link. Just sign in. If you have an upgrade, it'll pop straight up!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-check-for-upgrade-link/td-p/4934733

Message 2 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can PC within a month if the offer is there. Just call or chat and ask.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

rmduhon has it; I PCd my first Cap1 after just one statement, somewhere around 40 days. Just hop on chat and ask if they have an offer. Once you do PC, you do have to wait 6 months for another PC, similar to their CLI policy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP keep in mind even if you are able to upgrade your platinum to a QS that while you'll be able to get the CB and benefits of the QS your account is still going to be viewed by Cap One as a starter account so you will never be able to grow the card the way you would if you were to open a QS from the start under more favorable terms. I did the same PC that you are considering, but it really puts a different paint job on the same account. As a result, my QS has been hanging out in the SD.
Message 5 of 15
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

CincyMazdaMan wrote:

Hey! How's it going?

I believe you want to wait at least 6 months. If you want, you can go to the capital one upgrade link and try the link and see what it says. I'm sure others will chime in and give input!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-check-for-upgrade-link/td-p/4934733

Very useful link in that thread, thanks for posting it. 

I just checked it out for myself. Capital One has generously decided to allow me to upgrade my Quicksilver to... A Quicksilver? Smiley Frustrated

IMG_1378.PNG

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey! How's it going?

Very useful link in that thread, thanks for posting it. 

I just checked it out for myself. Capital One has generously decided to allow me to upgrade my Quicksilver to... A Quicksilver? Smiley Frustrated

Lol! A lot of us have been getting that. My offer was from QS1 to QS1. Nothing changed at all. I took the upgrade anyway.

Message 7 of 15
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I got the same upgrade from Quicksilver to Quicksilver or Venture One.

I wonder if we upgraded it, if it would from my Platinum to WMC or WEMC..........

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 8 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone I was approved for a capital one platinum card about 4 months ago and have since got a $100 CLI how long do I need to wait before I can possibly upgrade to the quicksilver? I had a ch. 7 discharged in January. Thanks for any help

YMMV.   I was able to upgrade my VentureOne to QS before my first statement even closed.   

You may need to upgrade to QS1 first and then let it grow.   If you grow that card to $5K and then upgrade, you'd also likely get a QS WMC when you PC.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the help! So my main goal is to just build up my credit. Would I be better off just trying to get the QS1 by itself and keeping my current platinum as is? After I got approved for the Platinum I'm not sure where to go next to build credit. I'm afraid to waste a hard pull
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.