Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till New Card Reports to CRA

tag
planoser
Established Member

How long till New Card Reports to CRA

Greetings,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit and just received my Orchard Bank Secured MC yesterday and activated it. I have ScoreWatch and was wondering how long it takes for the new card to report to the CRAs so I will see a change in score via Score Watch?? Do I need to make a purchase on the card first to get the ball rolling?

Thanks for your help!

p.s. I have a handful of baddies that are beyond SOL -- the plan is to just let them lay dead untill they drop, but I will create a new post under proper forum to discuss those as well.

3/30/09: 583 EQ FICO
9/16/09: 629 EQ FICO, 641 EQ TU
10/19/09: 635 EQ FICO, 645 EQ TU, 657 EX FICO -- Lender Pulled
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Re: How long till New Card Reports to CRA

Ususally your credit card company will report to the CRA when they print your statement. Whenever the billing cycle ends, that's the key to reporting to the CRA.
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some issuers take just a few days, some take 6 weeks (Amex). You don't need to use it for it to report. 
Message 2 of 6
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Ususally your credit card company will report to the CRA when they print your statement. Whenever the billing cycle ends, that's the key to reporting to the CRA.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'ed Discover 3/29 and it was reported as new account 4/1.....that seemed pretty fast!

Other accounts have taken till the next billing cycle when they report end of statement balances. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I app'ed Discover 3/29 and it was reported as new account 4/1.....that seemed pretty fast!

Other accounts have taken till the next billing cycle when they report end of statement balances. 

Chevron was like that for me. It was already reporting on EQ before i recieved the card.. But my second Cap One card took over 45 days to report.

Message 5 of 6
planoser
Established Member

Still nothing reported by Score Watch yet. Guess I'll relax and give it a month or so Smiley Tongue

Just excited to start rebuilding and want to know what the result is of the steps I'm taking, ya know??

I know I need to get over that 620 mark if I want to get into a home in the next year and that's what I'm working toward.

Thanks for the info guys Smiley Happy

Message Edited by planoser on 04-05-2009 06:33 PM
3/30/09: 583 EQ FICO
9/16/09: 629 EQ FICO, 641 EQ TU
10/19/09: 635 EQ FICO, 645 EQ TU, 657 EX FICO -- Lender Pulled
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.