cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long till a reinstated credit card reports to the bureaus?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

How long till a reinstated credit card reports to the bureaus?

I had an account closed like a couple months ago accidentally. Long story short a CSR closed the wrong account and I was able to get it reinstated (thank god).

My question is this how long does it normally take for a reinstated credit card to report to the bureaus as open again? My statement closed on July 23rd and it still has yet to report. The card is a Bank of America card also.
Amex Gold NPSL, Amex Hilton Aspire 3k, Amex Marriott Bonvoy 1k, AMEX BBP 3.5k, AMEX Hilton Surpass 4.5k, BOA Cash Rewards 8.2k, BOA Better Balance Rewards 2k, Care Credit 15k, Chase Amazon Visa 19.825k, Discover 11.8k, Discover 12.5k, Nordstrom Store 4.5k , Fidelity Visa 10k, Cap 1 QS 15k, Cap 1 Savor 10.5k, Citi Rewards+ 4.4k, Citi DC 7.5k, Citi Advantage Platinum 5.5k, US Cash+ 3.5k, Altitude Reserve 9k, Paypal Mastercard 4k, Apple Card 6.5k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: How long till a reinstated credit card reports to the bureaus?

@mr_suave wrote:
I had an account closed like a couple months ago accidentally. Long story short a CSR closed the wrong account and I was able to get it reinstated (thank god).

My question is this how long does it normally take for a reinstated credit card to report to the bureaus as open again? My statement closed on July 23rd and it still has yet to report. The card is a Bank of America card also.

Generally, within two cycles.  Do you currently have any activity/balance on the card?

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@mr_suave wrote:

Generally, within two cycles.  Do you currently have any activity/balance on the card?

Nope, I don’t have a balance on it. It was previously a BT on it that was paid off just before it got closed in June.

Amex Gold NPSL, Amex Hilton Aspire 3k, Amex Marriott Bonvoy 1k, AMEX BBP 3.5k, AMEX Hilton Surpass 4.5k, BOA Cash Rewards 8.2k, BOA Better Balance Rewards 2k, Care Credit 15k, Chase Amazon Visa 19.825k, Discover 11.8k, Discover 12.5k, Nordstrom Store 4.5k , Fidelity Visa 10k, Cap 1 QS 15k, Cap 1 Savor 10.5k, Citi Rewards+ 4.4k, Citi DC 7.5k, Citi Advantage Platinum 5.5k, US Cash+ 3.5k, Altitude Reserve 9k, Paypal Mastercard 4k, Apple Card 6.5k
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

@mr_suave wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@mr_suave wrote:

Nope, I don’t have a balance on it. It was previously a BT on it that was paid off just before it got closed in June.

I'd suggest placing a nominal charge or some activity and PIF before the next cycle.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@mr_suave wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@mr_suave wrote:

I'd suggest placing a nominal charge or some activity and PIF before the next cycle.

Ok thanks! I’ll do that tomorrow.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.