Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get the Cap 1 card?

tag
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

How long to get the Cap 1 card?

I applied Saturday, July 15th, online and was approved for a Quicksilver card and told that I will get the wecome kit within 14 days. Realistically though, how long has it been taking people to get their physical cards after approval? I'd love feedback from other people getting new Cap 1 cards but even general feedback is welcome! I would think they would want it in your hands pretty quickly, right?

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long to get the Cap 1 card?

Moving to CC. When I apped with Cap-1 it took about 1.5 weeks to get the card(s).

Message 2 of 11
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Thanks, gdale6! Really, really hoping it comes by this Saturday but there is literally nothing I can do about it. Sigh.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved 7/05, email stating the card is shipped 7/08 and recevied 7/11.   BTW, I used it before I received physical card.  On mobile app, you can add / activate right after the approval.

Message 4 of 11
VipreArmed
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved 7/05, email stating the card is shipped 7/08 and recevied 7/11.   BTW, I used it before I received physical card.  On mobile app, you can add / activate right after the approval.

+1.  I didn't use the card but right after I was approved, it gave me the card number on the mobile app to use until I receive the card.   Took about 5-6 days for me to get the actual card.  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 5 of 11
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

jeffreymrimd, I was so excited to read your rmessage! I immediately downloaded the app but still no access. :-(

I called in and a very nice representative explained to me that that option is only available if you already had an existing account before the approval. Since this is my first Cap 1 card, I have to wait for the physical card to arrive before I can set things up on the app and online. Grrrr...

Message 6 of 11
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

This is such an active board, I'm hoping that I can hear more feedback from people who have recently been approved for a Cap 1 card on how long it took from approval to get the card in hand.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Math_Rocks

It took me 6 days to receive it, including weekend.  I am in NJ.  I assume you will receive it in a couple days.  And for mobile thingy, it is true that I already had Cap1 card.

Message 8 of 11
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

DH applied the day after me (Sunday) and received an email yesterday that his card was shipped (Thursday). Still no such message for me so I guess I assume I will not get it before our trip. I'll cross my fingers that at least his comes in.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 1 calendar week after approval for me, on average, for secured Platinum, unsecured Platinum and PC from Platinum to Quicksilver.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.