cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to receive backdated AMEX cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to receive backdated AMEX cards?

Hey guys/gals,

I had my member since date adjusted 2 weeks ago tomorrow and haven't received the new cards yet. Anyone have insight into how long it should take to get the backdated cards? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to receive backdated AMEX cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys/gals,

I had my member since date adjusted 2 weeks ago tomorrow and haven't received the new cards yet. Anyone have insight into how long it should take to get the backdated cards? 

Did you look on your AE account under card management?  They have a section in there that shows the status of replacement cards.  I just was approved for my cards two days ago and immediately requested backdated ones.  They sent me the PRG with 'member since 14' right away, received it today and already got an email that the replacement for it and the ED card have been mailed.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my MSD was updated, took about a week. Does it show the correct year when you log onto your Amex account online?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

When my MSD was updated, took about a week. Does it show the correct year when you log onto your Amex account online?

Mine does even though I haven't received the cards. I just hope they report to the bureaus that way.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys/gals,

Did you look on your AE account under card management?  They have a section in there that shows the status of replacement cards.  I just was approved for my cards two days ago and immediately requested backdated ones.  They sent me the PRG with 'member since 14' right away, received it today and already got an email that the replacement for it and the ED card have been mailed.

Thanks for this, I hadn't realized there was a card management section and it looks like replacements were never mailed, all that eager mailbox checking for nothing! 

My member since date has been adjusted on my online account, I agree with the other poster here, I don't really care what the date says on the card as long as it reports the backdate to CRs. Anyone have experience with this happening or do I need the card to say it too?

Just chatted with a rep online and she was completely unhelpful, even ending her sentences with ... which seemed rude. I'll try another one later, AMEX isn't known for that kind of stuff.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys/gals,

Thanks for this, I hadn't realized there was a card management section and it looks like replacements were never mailed, all that eager mailbox checking for nothing! 

My member since date has been adjusted on my online account, I agree with the other poster here, I don't really care what the date says on the card as long as it reports the backdate to CRs. Anyone have experience with this happening or do I need the card to say it too?

Just chatted with a rep online and she was completely unhelpful, even ending her sentences with ... which seemed rude. I'll try another one later, AMEX isn't known for that kind of stuff.

Definitely try another one.  One I dealt with was fantastic.  Have no clue whether what it says on the car is important. Bi guess we will both find out soon.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 8
recruiter89
Established Member

when mine was backdated two weeks ago they UPS two day delivery the new cards

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 7 of 8
recruiter89
Established Member

Rep told me from AMEX backdating has nothing to do with the bureaus. They backdating is for inhouse purposes only.

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.