cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait til asking for a CLI on the Uber visa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to wait til asking for a CLI on the Uber visa?

So when getting approved for the Uber visa I asked for a CLI and they told me they wanted to see me use the current limit first.

She Had no insight on if I need to keep the balance low or not and when I asked how long I needed to wait all she said was “it’s not like you have to wait 6 months.”

Anyone know how long from experience?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to wait til asking for a CLI on the Uber visa?

Barclay's in general 6-12 months is a safe bet.  I called when approved to bump from 11K to 25K w/o any real questions about it at all.  

I don't know where you clocked in at with CL and scores at the time of approval or the other cards in your collection though.  Some mention an auto CLI around 9 months or slightly less.  If you call and ask for one it's a HP but, sometimes if you aks for an APR reduction and chat them up a bit then check for a SP CLI it might come up for you.

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Personally, for the best optimal results, I'd say ~6 months is usually recommended. Unless you are placing a lot of usage very frequently then I'd wait for an auto-CLI opportunity.

Otherwise, you can give it a whirl before 6 months, but results are not guaranteed + HP for any CLI requests.
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay's in general 6-12 months is a safe bet.  I called when approved to bump from 11K to 25K w/o any real questions about it at all.  

I don't know where you clocked in at with CL and scores at the time of approval or the other cards in your collection though.  Some mention an auto CLI around 9 months or slightly less.  If you call and ask for one it's a HP but, sometimes if you aks for an APR reduction and chat them up a bit then check for a SP CLI it might come up for you.

Just to add, the SP CLI option is no longer available.  They can still review for APR adjustments if the account is eligible. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never hurts to ask anyway... worst they can say is no and ask if you want to do a HP CLI.

Message 5 of 6
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

I was approved 12/17 and requested CLI 8/18. I would wait 6 months. It's a HP but worth it for me as my daily driver.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.