cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Bbt/truist cards can you have? Did you receive your cards.

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: How many Bbt/truist cards can you have?

@FinStar wrote:

@jmcherr wrote:

I'm not sure if there is anything particularly exciting about there card lineup to make me want to go out and start apping for them.

This is what I was thinking, what is the appeal. Maybe to build up an higher overall credit limit?

Truist and their offerings are not for everyone. To some folks, there can be some lucrative cards, such as those offering 0% intro APRs on both purchases and/or BTs (someone looking for restructuring their debt), others are comparable to BoA (e.g. Enjoy Cash), or for someone trying to exit other lenders for multiple reasons. Bottom line, some folks like diversity or the ease of a pre-qualification process.

If there is no appeal, then it's not for you.

It's been a snooze-fest until recently.  Well 12 months now.  I'm getting BT checks on all cards that can be directly deposited into checking/savings with them.... just like Discover.  Terms: 0% for 12 months, 3% fee.

Only warning was to have teller call to confirm the check will be processed as a bt and not a ca before being deposited. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 51 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many Bbt/truist cards can you have? Did you receive your cards.

@bigseegar wrote:

@gordoncharles25 @FinStar 

Received notice this morning via AmEx that a new account had reported. Pulled up TU and brand new Truist (reporting still as BB&T) credit card at the $4,500 I was approved for back on 3/3 (remember though I was also approved two cards). Yet I've still received no card(s), no emails, nothing related to this showing for mail delivery today on my USPS Informed Delivery and still nothing showing on my online Truist Dashboard either. But I dang sure got points dinged lol......incredible the amount of incompetence this has involved.

3931BB74-F5DC-4DAD-AEED-AD6A370996BE.jpegF8176997-1852-47A1-B321-7B423EB7B4B3.jpeg

Very interesting turn of events @bigseegar. You can request or download a copy of your actual CRs to obtain the last 4-digits of the account numbers to press/escalate the issue with TRUIST in the event you don't receive them. This is proof the accounts were created (since they are now reporting), but it is still unknown why this technical anomaly is even occurring in the first place. I suppose, word of the wise, don't apply back-to-back even if pre-qualification displays another offer.

For anyone that mentioned about the available credit being $0, it stays as $0 until the card is activated. And, yes, they are still reporting under the former BB&T brand.

Message 52 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Metalcards wrote:

@Anonymous  Nothing yet since original email stating approved with app id number. Applied and approved on 3/16 and nothing since. Don't believe it's going to happen.

Don't give up hope yet.  Remember, I'm only one day  behind you (applied 3/17) and only saw it in my dashboard 2 business days ago (3/24.)  I'm sure they are very backlogged on everything.  I'm still waiting on debit cards I ordered in the branch before 3/17.  And they told me credit cards take longer to arrive than debit cards

Message 53 of 104
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@gordoncharles25 @FinStar 

Received notice this morning via AmEx that a new account had reported. Pulled up TU and brand new Truist (reporting still as BB&T) credit card at the $4,500 I was approved for back on 3/3 (remember though I was also approved two cards). Yet I've still received no card(s), no emails, nothing related to this showing for mail delivery today on my USPS Informed Delivery and still nothing showing on my online Truist Dashboard either. But I dang sure got points dinged lol......incredible the amount of incompetence this has involved.

3931BB74-F5DC-4DAD-AEED-AD6A370996BE.jpegF8176997-1852-47A1-B321-7B423EB7B4B3.jpeg

Very interesting turn of events @bigseegar. You can request or download a copy of your actual CRs to obtain the last 4-digits of the account numbers to press/escalate the issue with TRUIST in the event you don't receive them. This is proof the accounts were created (since they are now reporting), but it is still unknown why this technical anomaly is even occurring in the first place. I suppose, word of the wise, don't apply back-to-back even if pre-qualification displays another offer.

For anyone that mentioned about the available credit being $0, it stays as $0 until the card is activated. And, yes, they are still reporting under the former BB&T brand.

@FinStar Very good advice. I hadn't even thought of that and the accts are now showing on all 3 Bureau's as well. I'll give the cards a few more days and if they don't show I'll do that. Like you said very strange trip this has been for sure and I most definitely learned my lesson about multiple apps regardless of approvals. 

Message 54 of 104
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Just to add to this this strange saga I received a "Truist Alert" email first thing this morning with the last 4 digits of a card saying it had shipped. So there's that but I still don't know which card since I had more than one approval lol.

It's still not showing in my online Truist Portal though which is strange. Also it's the first card(s) I've ever had report to the CRA's (it's now reporting to all 3) before I ever received the card(s) and activated them.

Message 55 of 104
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

Just to add to this this strange saga I received a "Truist Alert" email first thing this morning with the last 4 digits of a card saying it had shipped. So there's that but I still don't know which card since I had more than one approval lol.

It's still not showing in my online Truist Portal though which is strange. Also it's the first card(s) I've ever had report to the CRA's (it's now reporting to all 3) before I ever received the card(s) and activated them.

More progress. Don't think it is that unusual to have a card report before receipt and activation. I have received alerts of my Verizon VISA reporting and have not received that card and had the same happen with my Citizens Bank card, however, there was significantly more communication from the issuer about the status of the card and account.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 56 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BigBS wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

More progress. Don't think it is that unusual to have a card report before receipt and activation. I have received alerts of my Verizon VISA reporting and have not received that card and had the same happen with my Citizens Bank card, however, there was significantly more communication from the issuer about the status of the card and account.

@BigBS 

Well, in this case it is unusual, especially since bigseegar had been approved on 3/3. Even before the TRUIST merger/transition, BB&T and SunTrust generally took about a month (give or take) to report to the CRAs after a new account was approved  (regarless of activation and/or activity).

FWIW, SYNCB, Barclays, have always been known to report new accounts within 24-48 hours of approval. Citizens took a while for mine to report. Citi and AmEx now report much sooner than previously reported experiences.

Message 57 of 104
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@FinStar- thanks for the knowledge. Been several years since I was approved for a BB&T or SunTrust card, so couldn't speak on their procedures at all and was only commenting on what I have seen generally. Truly hoping that everyone that was approved through a pre-approved link gets the cards they thought they were approved for.

Message 58 of 104
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Another update and another added twist it seems. I promise to stop updating this thread soon but I think those of us invested can all agree what a strange series of events via the Preapprovals. Plus it has taught me patience for future credit endeavors as well as never multi-App again regardless of preapprovals.

I received an email from Truist this morning on the 2nd card from 3/3 with the last 4 digits and reporting it had been mailed now as well. But as the TV commerical guys says...BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE Smiley Very Happy I'm a little OCD in that I keep notes on my finances and credit. Having been at the top and falling and then rebuilding was a long dark at times task that I didn't enjoy at all and promised myself would never be repeated in this lifetime. So, on my iphone I have notes relating to every extention of credit I have or apply for. I had totally forgot but looking at those notes it seems that in my frustration of not receiving or hearing anything at all on the two cards I was approved for on 3/3. That when @FinStar reported their success in actually what looked like a smooth process as it should be. That, that same day I saw the post (3/16) I assumed my 3/3 approvals were "lost" somewhere in the process. So I did the preapproval again and it still showed so I app'ed a 3rd card out of anger/disappointment. I had forgot all about that until I checked my notes this morning after I also received a 3rd email with the last 4 digits of a 3rd Truist card also on the way. SOooooo it seems I have 3 Truist credit cards all x $4,500 SL each in the mail. A bonus card I guess for my trouble lol. Again, what a strange journey and turn of events.

Message 59 of 104
BigBS
Senior Contributor

I have received all of the information regarding the account that has been previously mentioned except the e-mail stating the card had been shipped. Went to my account this morning and the dashboard shows that it has been shipped and the link to activate upon receipt.

Message 60 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.