cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Bbt/truist cards can you have? Did you receive your cards.

tag
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: How many Bbt/truist cards can you have? Did you receive your cards.

My first card did in fact arrive my mail today and was the Future card that I first app'ed for on 3/3 and was successfully activated blind with no issues. I also resceived an email to activate my Enjoy Cahs card which was the 2nd card I app'ed for later in 3/3. HOWEVER in another twist the activated card (nor any others) still even after activation is not showing on either my Truist app or full blown online Truist account. Only my checking and debt card are still showing. 

Message 71 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigseegar wrote:

My first card did in fact arrive my mail today and was the Future card that I first app'ed for on 3/3 and was successfully activated blind with no issues. I also resceived an email to activate my Enjoy Cahs card which was the 2nd card I app'ed for later in 3/3. HOWEVER in another twist the activated card (nor any others) still even after activation is not showing on either my Truist app or full blown online Truist account. Only my checking and debt card are still showing. 

Interesting @bigseegar. Give it 24-48 hours to see if it syncs up with their system. If it doesn't, then that's an issue since you won't be able to pay it online (albeit pushing the payment from your bank would be an option), but statements, rewards, etc., that would be a headache. I remember a while back, one of my BB&T CC accounts had to be manually linked to my customer profile, but that was around 2018.

Message 72 of 104
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

Just an FYI I was pre qualified for 5 cards with these guys. I decided to pull the trigger since I kept hearing it was a soft pull. However upon checking they did hard pull my equifax report the next day.

The credit card application is pending so let's see what happens. I did not want any inquiries but I guess you always run the risk when applying for credit. Just wanted to add some more DP

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 73 of 104
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@alessandrom wrote:

Just an FYI I was pre qualified for 5 cards with these guys. I decided to pull the trigger since I kept hearing it was a soft pull. However upon checking they did hard pull my equifax report the next day.

The credit card application is pending so let's see what happens. I did not want any inquiries but I guess you always run the risk when applying for credit. Just wanted to add some more DP

Did you already have an exsisting banking or credit relationship with them or either BB&T or Suntrust and if so did you apply as a Client? I know in my case and I think in @FinStar case as well, we already had an exsisting relationship. Mine were all SP's. If you app'ed and didn't then that may be the reason for the HP. Also everyone that has posted that was approved received and instant approval with SL and APR. so I'm not sure what to make of you getting a "Pending". Needless to say there's work to be done on their end system wise still. 

Message 74 of 104
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Well all 3 cards have now arrived and been activated. However none are showing still on my online Truist Portal or App. Even when I call in to the automated Truist line and punch in my last four of my SSN none of them show under my acct only my checking and debit info. When I punch in the card numbers I do get individual info for each card.  I'll call next week and inquire about that. We see afterwards if they cancel any of them when I do Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy They are all 3 showing on my CRA's now with 2 as BB&T and 1 as Truist. But between those and my SoFi and Disco approvals also in March and now showing on my CRA's my dang scores took a huge hit yesterday. Smh cause that's my fault durn it. 

Now in another strange turn though. I also just received and email from Truist this morning that a 4th card as been mailed along with the last four digits of that card and it's different than any of the rest. So it's another entirely new/different card. Now I won't say in my displeasure with the original process that when I later apped for the 3rd card when I couldn't get any info on the 3/3 approvals and didn't think they went through and Truist said they had no record of the apps (which we now know the reps just can't see them is all). That I didn't in fact app twice that day instead of once. But I surely don't remember doing that. If this "4th card" does show and I'm sure it will now. I'm not sure how I'll handle that one or what I'll do with it far as keeping it or closing it. Suggestions @FinStar ?

Message 75 of 104
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@alessandrom wrote:

they did hard pull my equifax report the next day.

Just wanted to add some more DP

I don't remember the pre-qual verbiage on the non-existant BB&T website in order to compare to the Truist pre-qual which states, "You authorize Truist to obtain such information solely to conduct a pre-qualification for credit, and acknowledge that this is not an application for credit." 

Wondering if the pre-qual gravy train has run off the rails.  Thank you for the dp/heads up for others!

Question:  Did you immediately apply through the sp pre-qual results or did you back out and then revisit the site to select the card of your choice that had shown as prequalified?  I remember a mf member doing this and then received a hp after submitting his/her app on one of the previously prequalified offers.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 76 of 104
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

I'm not a client of truist  Currently. I was pre qualified with set terms and set APR and I immediately applied for one of the offers. 

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 77 of 104
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@alessandrom wrote:

I'm not a client of truist  Currently. I was pre qualified with set terms and set APR and I immediately applied for one of the offers. 

Good to know. ty!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 78 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigseegar wrote:

Well all 3 cards have now arrived and been activated. However none are showing still on my online Truist Portal or App. Even when I call in to the automated Truist line and punch in my last four of my SSN none of them show under my acct only my checking and debit info. When I punch in the card numbers I do get individual info for each card.  I'll call next week and inquire about that. We see afterwards if they cancel any of them when I do Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy They are all 3 showing on my CRA's now with 2 as BB&T and 1 as Truist. But between those and my SoFi and Disco approvals also in March and now showing on my CRA's my dang scores took a huge hit yesterday. Smh cause that's my fault durn it. 

Now in another strange turn though. I also just received and email from Truist this morning that a 4th card as been mailed along with the last four digits of that card and it's different than any of the rest. So it's another entirely new/different card. Now I won't say in my displeasure with the original process that when I later apped for the 3rd card when I couldn't get any info on the 3/3 approvals and didn't think they went through and Truist said they had no record of the apps (which we now know the reps just can't see them is all). That I didn't in fact app twice that day instead of once. But I surely don't remember doing that. If this "4th card" does show and I'm sure it will now. I'm not sure how I'll handle that one or what I'll do with it far as keeping it or closing it. Suggestions @FinStar ?

Well, that's interesting. Is it possible that you may have applied for a 4th one during that unsettling moment of displeasure @bigseegar? 😂 If a 4th one is coming make sure it's under your name and see which type of product it is (i.e. compared to the existing ones you received). I'm sure it will be fine, but just think -- your poor AAoA is now tanked! 😵‍💫  And, definitely fly very low on the radar....like crawl. You can still call them today since their C/S center should be open to sort things out with the other cards as far as linking them. If you had no issues activating them, I'm sure things are fine as far as using them, so try to test each one to make sure they work once C/S has linked them to your TRUIST profile.

So, in the name of science, I tried another one to see if it would stick. I selected the Enjoy Cash (3-2-1) and it was approved for the same amount as my Enjoy Beyond (I'll post in approvals when I get the card). I received the confirmation email, but no other email as far as the last 4-digits of the account. So, over a week passed, I called C/S and they sent an internal communication to another department (it appears this agent was aware of some of the issues?). At any rate, the card showed up on my TRUIST profile on 4/1 (I really thought it was an April fool's joke 😜). Still no email that it's coming so we'll see if/when it arrives.

My theory, just a theory, is that there was likely an overwhelming volume of applications via the pre-qualification portal that it created a backlog (especially for those folks who double or triple-dipped -- or much worse). I'm sure they are still booking the accounts as we speak. It's fair to assume their department may be short staffed and operations may be in a bit of disarray. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain why some folks receive confirmation emails and others do not. By the same token, we don't know (at least from your example), why you received the 3 CCs, but they're not linked to your customer profile. The TRUIST mysteries continue 😁

Message 79 of 104
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've tried out the prequal a couple of times the last few weeks, and each time it gives me the APRs for the various cards (15.49% and 13.49% for the no-frills card) but no mention of the credit line.

I'm logging in as a 'client' if that makes a difference.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The $200 bonus on the 'Enjoy Travel' card is tempting, but I probably need to leave well enough alone anyway. whistle.gif

Message 80 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.