cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Comenity accounts do you have?

tag
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many Comenity accounts do you have?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my own opinion many people will be harmed for accounts 20th this provider 5 to 10 years down the line.

What do you mean? The only harm comes from destroying your AAoA on limits that aren't worth the paper they are printed on in addition to looking desperate for credit.

Why do you say that?

For a rebuilder, they are great!!! I hope most people use this provider to build some easy positive history and move on to bigger and better things in 5 or 10 years. Most people who've had some credit issues can't jump straight into an approval from Chase or AMEX so we take what we can't get. For me, I needed the positive accounts in 2010 and the approvals felt great. When you get declined at every turn sometimes you just need to see something positive to boost your spirits. By the time your credit profile reaches a point were they "aren't worth the paper they are printed on" they will have aged enough that they aren't really an issue. 

I didn't know about the SCT in 2010 and took a HP for all mine. When I discovered it here last year I tried it and got 2 new cards. Dumb, but I was fasinated and didn't think much about AAoA. Live and learn....

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 91 of 128
jsucool76
Super Contributor

YOU GET A LINK! EVERYBODY GETS A LINK!

Message 92 of 128
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

All of mine are hidden TLs.

I got the Paypal Credit one, Newegg Preferred, MacMall, and the HP Preferred for a total of 4 Comenity accounts. 

How are they hidden?

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 93 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my own opinion many people will be harmed for accounts 20th this provider 5 to 10 years down the line.

What do you mean? The only harm comes from destroying your AAoA on limits that aren't worth the paper they are printed on in addition to looking desperate for credit.

I'm happy with my limits

Message 94 of 128
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I've never figured out how to get the SCT to work here. 

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 95 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

None - and only one that slightly interests me is the Total Rewards.  But I need to cool it for a while so will reconsider in 2015.

If an awesome offer appeared, I MIGHT be interested in this, but only once my EQ comes up a bit.

Totally agree (no pun inteneded).  If it came with Plat. status or something that would be very enticing. 

It does come with platinum status.  I wish MGM would come out with a card

Message 96 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaisCher wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you say that?

For a rebuilder, they are great!!! I hope most people use this provider to build some easy positive history and move on to bigger and better things in 5 or 10 years. Most people who've had some credit issues can't jump straight into an approval from Chase or AMEX so we take what we can't get. For me, I needed the positive accounts in 2010 and the approvals felt great. When you get declined at every turn sometimes you just need to see something positive to boost your spirits. By the time your credit profile reaches a point were they "aren't worth the paper they are printed on" they will have aged enough that they aren't really an issue. 

I didn't know about the SCT in 2010 and took a HP for all mine. When I discovered it here last year I tried it and got 2 new cards. Dumb, but I was fasinated and didn't think much about AAoA. Live and learn....

Secured cards are great too.

Message 97 of 128
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Crap who does Comenity pull?

@jsucool76 wrote:

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 98 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Crap who does Comenity pull?

@jsucool76 wrote:

EQ.

Message 99 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once in a while you can get the popup to work for Total Rewards

Message 100 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.