cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Comenity cards do you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many Comenity cards do you have?

Gotcha.  Thanks for the clarification!  Hopefully my newly approved Comenity cards will be upgraded to Visa or MC version within the next year.

Message 41 of 56
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think I realized that Comenity offered non-store cards/Mastercards.

@GApeachy wrote:

Ive had their cards since the early 90's and never more than 2 at a time except once. After reading here in the forums about poking the Comenity bear with the mix of cc's vs. sc's and how many,  I quickly closed #3.  I mostly app for their cc's but do miss my Wayfair and Goody's, which happened to be sc's and my two most fav and missed tl's to date.

I currently have:

Good sam Vs- $18k

Comenity Mc- $14.5k

@M_Smart007 have you ever tried the SCT?

Hey @Anonymous  technically they are store cards.  Those "dual" cards are credit cards but they're still store cards.  A lot of the Comenity serviced store brands offer either the Visa (GoodSam/WilliamsSonoma/etc.) or Mastercard (Ultamate/etc.)  Same thing with Synchrony and their backed stores.  Dual meaning you can use them anyway Visa/Mc is accepted.

Because they are Visa and Mastercard they become bankcards  not store cards , imo.  Yes it can be semantics  saying its a store card because its a _____ card but its characteristics change once its accepted other places and uses the Visa/MC/Amex networks.  

Message 42 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got 0. 

Never had one, more than likely never well as I've never seen value in any of them.

Message 43 of 56
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think I realized that Comenity offered non-store cards/Mastercards.

@GApeachy wrote:

Ive had their cards since the early 90's and never more than 2 at a time except once. After reading here in the forums about poking the Comenity bear with the mix of cc's vs. sc's and how many,  I quickly closed #3.  I mostly app for their cc's but do miss my Wayfair and Goody's, which happened to be sc's and my two most fav and missed tl's to date.

I currently have:

Good sam Vs- $18k

Comenity Mc- $14.5k

@M_Smart007 have you ever tried the SCT?

Hey @Anonymous  technically they are store cards.  Those "dual" cards are credit cards but they're still store cards.  A lot of the Comenity serviced store brands offer either the Visa (GoodSam/WilliamsSonoma/etc.) or Mastercard (Ultamate/etc.)  Same thing with Synchrony and their backed stores.  Dual meaning you can use them anyway Visa/Mc is accepted.

Because they are Visa and Mastercard they become bankcards  not store cards , imo.  Yes it can be semantics  saying its a store card because its a _____ card but its characteristics change once its accepted other places and uses the Visa/MC/Amex networks.  

They are also referred to as Open-loop or Closed-loop store cards. Hence "dual card" which is often written as such on credit reports.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 44 of 56
Msjonesclt
Valued Member

I have two. Helzberg and Land Bryant.

Message 45 of 56
GrandBaker
Contributor

Zero

Message 46 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Currently 5:

Orbitz VS

Bed Bath & Beyond WMC

DSW VS

Sportsman's Guide VS

J Crew

I used to have an additional 8, but I closed some them in the past few years due to the termination of the PLCC partnership and/or stores closing shop (e.g. Virgin America VS, True Value Discover, Barneys New York, Elder-Beerman, etc.).

And, then we have Blispay, which is technically managed under Comenity/CCB, but who knows what will come out of that one Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

And, then we have Blispay, which is technically managed under Comenity/CCB, but who knows what will come out of that one Smiley Very Happy

Forgot about that change... so I guess technically I've got 1.

Message 48 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I'm curious to see how man Comenity cards everyone has. I wonder if they have a limit? 

Currently I have 7 and majority were opened so Mrs. Guyatthebeach can go shopping, and I use the zero interest promos, while I pay them.  

They are:

Bed, Bath, and Beyond store card

Kay Jewelers 

Victoria's Secret

Williams and Sonoma Visa

Good Sam's Visa

Sportsman Guide Visa

Toyota Visa 

Guyatthebeach

2: VS and WS, which is 1 too many.

The WS is worthless to me. Can't buy a kitchen knife with my CL and will never get a CLI since SageStream is frozen, so not worth the effort, really. Once I get a replacement I will shut it down.

I use the VS regularly, it has not been terrible and at least has a useable CL.

I do not see any other Comenity cards in my future.

Message 49 of 56
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I was going to ask if that counted because you never could use the card under Comenty... 

So I have one by default....

Blispay... Iv never apped for one, and still on the fence if i would....

-J

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.