cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many GECRB accounts do you have??

tag
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Re: How many GECRB accounts do you have??

Jcp,  Walmart Discover, Oldnavy Visa.

Message 31 of 57
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Belk, Amazon, and Walmart
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 32 of 57
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Walmart

Amazon

I'd like to add Lowe's sometime in 2013 as well.

Question, I see a lot of people having both the Walmart and Sam's Card. What are some benefits/reasons of that? Just curious.

-John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 33 of 57
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Walmart

Amazon

Question, I see a lot of people having both the Walmart and Sam's Card. What are some benefits/reasons of that? Just curious.

-John

Personally, I had my Walmart card first. I recently joined Sam's Club with my own membership (was an "secondary" card user with a friend that decided to drop it).....and they offered me the Sam's Credit upon applying that is built into the membership card.

SisterGIrl

SisterGirl
Message 34 of 57
beb86
Valued Contributor

Just 2 

Walmart

Chevron/Texaco

Message 35 of 57
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Walmart

Amazon

-John

I apped for the Sam's Card in hopes of getting the Discover, approved for store credit. Then a minute later I went and apped for the Walmart Discover, approved for store credit again. Smiley Mad

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 36 of 57
lithium78
Established Contributor

I have the Walmart Discover and it's now my largest CL.  GECRB has been very good to me.  I would heartily recommend them to anybody out there and I would seriously consider doing more business with them with other store accounts in the future.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 57
chan85
Established Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Just two;

Walmart

Belks (I haven't even used in the 6 months that I have had it, but they were nice enough to give me a CLI from $200 to $800.  I only got it to have $0 balance and reporting.)

I have heard that once you get one card from them and do well with it, they will easily open another card with them.  I am waiting for the Walmart to turn into a Discover card.  I am hoping that will happen after the next statement, which is the 6 month mark and that is today or tomorrow.  I am a bit anxious about it as I would have preferred they had given it to me straight away. 

I have

JCP

Wal-Mart Discover

Old Navy

Care Credit

It was easy to open, but geez I would like them to start me with reasonable credit lines just ONCE!  My WMDiscover is now at 3000, jumped from about $1800 when they convereted me from the store card a few months ago and it took over a year to get to that. JCP is 1800 had that for just over a year or so now too. But when I opened the ON card in September, it was a measly $300 and they gave me another 100 right before the holidays I suppose as incentive to use it more. My Care Credit has been at $500 since I opened it, and they want a hard pull to increase it. In the past before I knew about soft/hard pulls I would go for it and get declined, but right now I don't see the need for it, so I'll stick within the $500 range.

I am itching to app for the Lowes card, about to do some work around the house. But if they only give me $300 that's not going to go too far past paint.....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 38 of 57
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

Just two;

Walmart

Belks (I haven't even used in the 6 months that I have had it, but they were nice enough to give me a CLI from $200 to $800.  I only got it to have $0 balance and reporting.)

I have heard that once you get one card from them and do well with it, they will easily open another card with them.  I am waiting for the Walmart to turn into a Discover card.  I am hoping that will happen after the next statement, which is the 6 month mark and that is today or tomorrow.  I am a bit anxious about it as I would have preferred they had given it to me straight away. 

I have

JCP

Wal-Mart Discover

Old Navy

Care Credit

It was easy to open, but geez I would like them to start me with reasonable credit lines just ONCE!  My WMDiscover is now at 3000, jumped from about $1800 when they convereted me from the store card a few months ago and it took over a year to get to that. JCP is 1800 had that for just over a year or so now too. But when I opened the ON card in September, it was a measly $300 and they gave me another 100 right before the holidays I suppose as incentive to use it more. My Care Credit has been at $500 since I opened it, and they want a hard pull to increase it. In the past before I knew about soft/hard pulls I would go for it and get declined, but right now I don't see the need for it, so I'll stick within the $500 range.

I am itching to app for the Lowes card, about to do some work around the house. But if they only give me $300 that's not going to go too far past paint.....

Lowes accounts typically give nice CL's starting, and even if it is low you can recon it right after approval.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

JC Penney, Old Navy Visa, Gap, Lowes, Amazon Card, American Eagle, Dillards Amex, Walmart Card and Discover, Sams Club Credit and Discover, PayPal MC,ShopNBC, Chevron and Bjorn's Card.

Ron.

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.