Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many HSBC products can you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many HSBC products can you have?

I currently have two cards with HSBC, an orchard bank card and a Best Buy card. I've had the OCB card for 16 months and the BBY card for about 6. My best buy card has a $600 CL while the Orchard Bank only has a $400 CL. I was hoping to get the 400 increased to at least 600 by calling backdoor number but no luck (although i got my $79 yearly fee re-credited to my card). I read on here that you can combine two HSBC cards into one, I.E. OCB and a Household Bank card, I know you can't combine a BBY and an OCB card. However I was wondering how many HSBC products you can have as I want to apply for an OCB card and see if I can get it and combine it (kinda  ahard CLI). Both the cards that I have are mastercards. Any info would be appreciated Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many HSBC products can you have?

I have a Household for $300, an Orchard for $400, and I just got a BB for $2200. 

I am combining my Household and Orchard, though I asked for a credit line increase when I sent the paperwork back, and threatened to close both accounts if they didn't. 

Hope this helps.

Lisa 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice CL on the BB card, wish mine was like that, also does anyone know how hard it is to get a regular HSBC card as apposed to the Orchard/Household bank ones? my scores are TU: 644   EXP: 634    EQ: 630. I just want a higher limit card. So far my highest is CapOne at 1k (thank you backdoor number) And did have a few baddies, all over two years though and all paid off a year ago in full.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the pre-approval site on HSBC, actually got pre-approved for a HSBC 2% Cash Back Mastercard, then the denial page showed up and said that I currently have the max number of cards with HSBC (2). Called Recon number, very friendly people by the way, and super nice. However, the HSBC policy 2 cards total, and one app in every 18mo. So because I opened the BBY card in august, closing the OB card will not get me the new HSBC card because you cannot app for a new card within 18 months Smiley Sad 
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My answer to the question is in two parts: A, Sorry, I don't know how many cards HSBC will let you have, and B, however many they do let you have, you have to remember to use them every so often--as noted in numerous other threads here, HSBC is notorious for cancelling credit card accounts due to non-use with no prior notice whatsoever.  Sorry if I'm going off on a tangent, but I avoid them now for that reason.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, i'll definitely keep that in mind, cause i wanted to sock drawer my Orchard Bank card
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have two cards with HSBC, an orchard bank card and a Best Buy card. I've had the OCB card for 16 months and the BBY card for about 6. My best buy card has a $600 CL while the Orchard Bank only has a $400 CL. I was hoping to get the 400 increased to at least 600 by calling backdoor number but no luck (although i got my $79 yearly fee re-credited to my card). I read on here that you can combine two HSBC cards into one, I.E. OCB and a Household Bank card, I know you can't combine a BBY and an OCB card. However I was wondering how many HSBC products you can have as I want to apply for an OCB card and see if I can get it and combine it (kinda  ahard CLI). Both the cards that I have are mastercards. Any info would be appreciated Smiley Happy

YMMV in terms of the number of HSBC products. I have had three (Orchard, DMB Discover & HSBC MC). Many times you must be "invited" to obtain an additional card, however some have been denied for that as well with the reason being too many cards.

In regards to combining, although one poster states she is combining her card and requesting CLI's I will tell you that HSBC is very clear in the paperwork when it comes to combining cards - you are not guaranteed to receive your combined limit as your new CLI. So in your case your current card has a $400 CL and lets says for kicks and giggles you are approved for another HSBC product (Orchard or HSBC) for $1000. When you ask to combine the cards, it is possible that you will not receive one card with a total limit of $1400. You may receive a reduced limit, the limit originally assigned to the card, or the combined CL of the two. I was lucky and recieved the total of both my HSBC products when I combined (Orchard and HSBC MC).

Good luck

Message 7 of 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I regret having one.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.