cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many USAA credit cards can you have?

tag
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

How many USAA credit cards can you have?

Hello - does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of credit card accounts you can have open with USAA?  Thanks.

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

Re: How many USAA credit cards can you have?

Nvm.  I know the answer to my own question.  The answer seems to be 2.

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 2 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes 2. Although I have seen someone with 3
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is not a maximum of cards, it is actually tota creditl limit. As an individual, all of your cards can have no more than $30,000 combined. As a joint account with someone, no more than $50,000.
Message 4 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There is not a maximum of cards, it is actually tota creditl limit. As an individual, all of your cards can have no more than $30,000 combined. As a joint account with someone, no more than $50,000.

That is correct. It goes by max exposure. However, I was just told that individual max exposure is $50k.

Message 5 of 18
someone379
Regular Contributor

I've looked at the USAA cards and now I'm just curious, why would you want more than one of what they offer? Just wondering if I'm missing something Smiley Happy     I use USAA for my banking and auto insurance, but have never applied for a card.

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 6 of 18
msbia
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is correct. It goes by max exposure. However, I was just told that individual max exposure is $50k.

This is correct. Max exposure is $50k. I, at one time, had four cards with them and eventually closed all but one. That one is at $29k and due for CLI in August; I don't know whether I want it or not. Too much credit is not always a good thing. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck, I got 5!!!  Smiley Happy

Actually 6, but my pre-paid AMEX for

re-building will be retired soon.

Message 8 of 18
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I have three cards with them

Amex 12K

Visa 24K

Mastercard 12K

Total exposure is $48K, if only they would cominbe the cards into one card!!!! Smiley Sad

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 9 of 18
msbia
Established Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

I have three cards with them

Amex 12K

Visa 24K

Mastercard 12K

Total exposure is $48K, if only they would cominbe the cards into one card!!!! Smiley Sad

You could close the two $12k cards, wait a billing cycle or until the CLI link shows on your account and increase the remaining card. It would go pretty high. Hard pull but so are all increases and new cards with USAA. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.